Search results

1. I

Northern steel--layout

Hey guys sorry for the long interruption as a new job and the warm weather got in the way. I am moving in the next month so there wont be to many updates. The new basement is even bigger than what i have now, so look out for a enormous new layout. cheers IRONMAN :D
  2. I

Northern steel--layout

Hey PAULB No track yet as life and work have been getting in the way. I could have had my layout half done by now if i had acted sooner, someone near me was giving away a 16x34 layout. FOR FREE The track was done and some scenery, you also got some buildings. I am still shaking my head...
  3. I

Northern steel--layout

Hey beiland I FORGOT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT POSTING THE PICS, I GUESS IT DOESNT MATER AS LONG AS THERE ISNT A COUPLE HUNDRED, THEN A NEW THREAD MIGHT BE IN ORDER. ITS ALL ABOUT STEEL MODELING. :D CHEERS IRONMAN
  4. I

Northern steel--layout

Hey beiland, no its not you, um i have had the same thing. When i take pics they look great on my camera but when i post them, they look fuzzy or out of focus. I had asked people to chime in a few pages ago but no on did. I recently started going on mrfs train photo site and have learned a...
  5. I

Northern steel--layout

I just might be adding on to the ore dock if i act quickly and don't be cheap. Also adding alot more ore cars. There is a guy near me selling everything and a lot of the stuff has never seen the light of day. We will see, ironman
  6. I

30 or 40 cents on the dollar

NH Mike Thanks for more insight, i kind of thought what you had said. It depends on what you paid and what people are looking for. cheers ironman
  7. I

Thanks guys for the responses, thats what i was affraid of. I guess it depends what it is to like you said iron horseman. cheers ironman
  8. I

Northern steel--layout

Hey beiland um no thats not it, it suposubly a thread on here somewhere. Do you mean aberdeen scotland? I was born in arbroath, but haven't been home in along time. I have relatives that are big into trains. my older sister used to send them train stuff. cheers ironman
  9. I

Just what the title says, what does this mean exactly? I want to sell some stuff and don't know what to ask. cheers ironman
  10. I

Northern steel--layout

:eek: OVER 3THOUSAND VIEWS AND I HAVEN'T STARTED TO LAY TRACK,WHICH HOPEFULLY SHOULD BE THIS WEEK. CHEERS IRONMAN :cool:
  11. I

Northern steel--layout

Hi beiland I actually redd that thread from start to finish around christmas time, i saw in someones thread were they made reference to the steel forum? I searched all the way back to the beginning of the threads but couldnt find it, are you aware of it? The pics you posted at the end, are...
  12. I

Northern steel--layout

JUST A FEW MORE TO SEE IF THERE BETTER Cheers Ewan
  13. I

Northern steel--layout

So i took pics of the ore dock after i painted it and it looks a lot better.The one pic is before and the the rest after it was painted. cheers Ewan:rolleyes:
  14. I

Northern steel--layout

Just a little update for those following along, i had thought about painting the ore dock about a week ago as i didint like the reddish colour. Thanks to coolruehle for the goggle link,from looking at that site it reassured me to paint it. Today was a little warmer -5 with the windchill, so...
  15. I

Northern steel--layout

Coolruehle Thank you for the link,i spent a few hours pouring over the pics and the stories. Thats a lot of reading when you click on the pics it takes you to the story. Montanan The pics dont do it justice, it looks better in person and yes it is a great industry for a layout. Mine is...
  16. I

Northern steel--layout

Just a quick question, has anyone seen one of these ore docks built? I was just wondering if it was repainted or just weathered on top of the plastic. I like the colour, but i haven't weathered anything directly on the original plastic without priming first or adding a colour. I might paint...
  17. I

Northern steel--layout

WOW The furnace and the crane are both walthers kits, the furnace i bought 5 yrs ago for my last layout which was mostly passenger trains. I was going to add a large mill in another room, but it sadly was all torn out. T he crane i just bought at a local show, its called the heavy overhead...
  18. I

Northern steel--layout

Thank you for the kind complement, does it really show up that good?? I didnt think that it did, on my computer the pics looked kind of washed out. I have been using different types of lights to see if that was the problem. Still working away on the ore dock, i yi i what a load of sanding to...
  19. I

Northern steel--layout

This is my next project, it will sit where it is with the ore boat in front and another dock with a crane in the for ground. I will have to extend the bench work here for the run up to the ore dock. Thats ok as i have 8ft before i hit the wall, who said track plans were carved in stone anyway...
  20. I

Northern steel--layout

Well i finally got to do some more things done, first i finished the over head crane for the electric furnace and then i started my next project that is going to eat up some real-estate. I cant lay any track yet as i cant my road bed and the nearest train store is about 2hrs round trip, so...

Back