Search results

1. Downeast Thunder

Downeast Thunder Railroad

Checking In: Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around and working on DTRR whenever time allows. The work of cutting trees and clearing brush through the intended route of the RR is very time consuming and quite frankly, boring to talk about. That's about all I'd have to report...
  2. Downeast Thunder

To all following the progress of DTRR: Sorry for not posting any updates lately. With the warm weather moving in, I've been very busy with farm work (we have a very short growing season here in Maine) and that includes pulling out our brooders and taking delivery of 50 meat chicks plus a half...
  3. Downeast Thunder

Sugarin' Season: It's that time of year at Downeast Thunder Farm - We're collecting maple sap every day to make farm fresh Maine maple syrup. It's quite time consuming so I haven't repaired my backhoe yet, but progress continues every day (weather permitting) cutting/removing trees and...
  4. Downeast Thunder

Rails Across Maine is not mine, but I think I know who might own it (I don't personally use "In Your Facebook"). I'll drop him an email and see if it's his. Thanks again. My wife purged the junk code from my site, but when she gets time, she is going to do a fresh re-install along with some...
  5. Downeast Thunder

John, between the time of my last post and yours, my wife has been looking through all of the code, and identified a bunch of junk that shouldn't be in there. Right now, she is trying to identify how the hacker got in and inserted the code so she can prevent it from happening again (anytime...
  6. Downeast Thunder

John, My wife just downloaded and installed "Opera" on one of her computers and checked the DTRR web site and none of the junk you reported turned up at all. She also just ran through all the code again and it's clean as a whistle - nothing showed up. I called a few friends that use different...
  7. Downeast Thunder

Thanks John. I checked it out and nothing appears on my computer (The site is not on my computer but hosted by a separate company). My wife is professional web developer and I asked her to look into it. We checked it out using several computers and browsers. Nothing turned up. She also checked...
  8. Downeast Thunder

I broke my backhoe: I was digging out tree stumps in a right-of-way I cleared yesterday. All of a sudden I felt and heard a couple of loud snaps. The boom for the backhoe collapsed on the ground and my controls were useless. I shut off the tractor and investigated, only to find the base...
  9. Downeast Thunder

DTRR Turntable Plans: I've been pressed for time lately with just not enough hours in a day, but I have been working on a set of plans for a turntable. I was successful in compiling a number of photos and drawings for other turntables, and I received quite a bit of input from folks that...
  10. Downeast Thunder

Present Plans for Farm & Railroad: For many folks around the country, the beginning of March is the start of the Spring season as their local weather begins to warm up. Of course in this part of Maine, we are still very much in the dead of Winter. In fact, it snowed all day yesterday (the...
  11. Downeast Thunder

Free Plans for Brush Tine Attachment (clamps on tractor loader bucket): I have just completed a plans package for a tractor loader bucket, clamp-on brush tine attachment. The package is 11 pages, 9 of which are drawings, all in pdf format. These plans are available free from the Downeast...
  12. Downeast Thunder

Un-Scientific 18" Gauge RR Survey Results: Greetings all, A little while back, I posed a dozen questions entitled: "Questions To The Yahoo 18" Gauge Forum." I also posed the same questions to certain individuals with 18" gauge railroads overseas (not already part of the forum). I only...
  13. Downeast Thunder

SNOW: Wonderful stuff! But......it does tend to impede any outdoor progress on the railway. We still have a lot of clearing to do, and I've removed quite a bit of snow into the woodlot so I can skid out some trees with my tractor, but that operation is limited. My tractor does not have an...
  14. Downeast Thunder

New Pages are up on the DTRR Web Site: New pages for downloading FREE farm project plans and viewing farm & farm project construction photos have been launched on the Downeast Thunder Railroad web site. Just hover your cursor over the "about" button and select from the drop-down menu that...
  15. Downeast Thunder

2/6/2013 Update: I haven't posted anything lately because I've been spending quite a bit of time researching turntable design & construction methods. I've been successful in compiling quite a database of information, along with many photos to aide my decisions on how I wish to design a...
  16. Downeast Thunder

Pinterest Link: If the Pinterest Link I provided in my last post does not work, try this one: http://www.pinterest.com/downeastthunder/narrow-gauge-trains-railroads
  17. Downeast Thunder

Turntable photos on Pinterest: To anyone interested, I've started a board on Pinterest. It's entitled: Narrow Gauge Trains & Railroads. I've pinned several photos of turntables and other RR photos I happened to like while on my turntable search. The nice thing about Pinterest is that you...
  18. Downeast Thunder

Turntable Design I have gathered quite a bit of information about various types of turntables from books and the internet, but have also received several notes with valuable tips and advice from some very experienced folks and professionals in the industry (mostly on the Yahoo 18" gauge...
  19. Downeast Thunder

DTRR 2T 0-4-0 Switcher Locomotive REVISION-A Concept Drawing The original concept drawing for the DTRR 0-4-0 switcher has been revised. The revisions reflect the need for a larger machinery space such that there will be sufficient room to house a larger engine, air compressor, and generator...
  20. Downeast Thunder

DTRR Workshop Fixtures (Free Download)This plans package for DTRR Workshop Fixtures is now available for free download in pdf format. The package contains 28 pages (8-1/2" x 11") of documents and drawings with 7 Workshop Fixtures featured. These workshop fixtures are quite handy to have in...

Back