Search results

1. M

New York and Long Branch in HO

I'll be seeing you on the 26th. I've been looking forward to that weekend for months.
  2. M

Starting the new layout!

First of all, welcome back into this amazing hobby. Enjoy your trip on the rails. If you are familiar with the Xtrack cad program, I can send you the file. It will save you a ton if work. Then you can just tweak it to fit your likes and space. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. M

New Dual Gauge Layout Design. HO/HOn3

I have completely changed my plan for the transfer yard -Gasko Yard. I have taken advice from other people in forums, and also got some inspiration from a plan from "Model Railroad Planner 2011". I saw the Stockton & Copperoplis RR, specifically the Holden transfer yard. I saw what I have...
  4. M

That landmass is as hilly as the Jersey shore gets. :) Everything is looking great. I love following this post.
  5. M

Starting the new layout!

I wish I had more time to get down to my Dad's house. It's been quite a long time since I did any work on our layout. I have started a new layout in my own basement. Here's a couple links discussing the design. LINK1 LINK2 Sounds like I have a few fans looking for more updates. Thanks...
  6. M

I was thinking of running dual to the turntable. Thanks for persuading me.:D
  7. M

Color coded full plan
  8. M

Here's a color coded plan RED = Standard HO BLUE = Narrow HOn3 Purple = Dual HO/HOn3 Not sure about the separate track idea. I would like a run around for each gauge, which is represented by the PURPLE track. I really don't have the room to have 2 run around in this area. Plus...
  9. M

I started working on a dual guage HO/HOn3 layout. I'm still having trouble designing a yard that both Gauge tracks meet at. A transfer yard I imagine. I have attached a file that has the basic feel that I'm going for. I don't want this ti end up a HUGE yard with all 10 commandments of yard...
  10. M

Good news all around but give me your thoughts.

Maybe I should join this conversation... That plan look vaguely familiar. I really like the walk-in design Stein came up with. I wish I had that option in our space. It looks like it would work out great. The original design does have some reach issues. But that is what you can expect...
  11. M

Walther's Wooden Coaling Tower

That's great you finished the tower. I would love to see pictures of your version. Thanks for sharing Ron
  12. M

Starting the new layout!

Here's a link to a thread when I first started planning the layout. It mentions the book I modified the plan from. JOHN ARMSTRONG
  13. M

The layout is looking great. I am about to start a double deck layout, and I was wondering what your spacing was between the 2 decks? From track to track, and the depth of your upper level fascia. Thanks
  14. M

Planning a logging/coal layout.

Here's a quick video showing the new layout room... still in the works. Also I describe the walk-in track plan I showed above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kNLN1DBDgk
  15. M

Nothing. It's still there... 2hrs away from me at my Dad's house. This new 1 is in MY basement. It's a totally different direction though. Dual HO/HOn3, 2 decks, craftsman kits, older steam and geared engines lot's of scenery...
  16. M

No, Far from done. I just happened to get a train room build in my new house. 2 second walk into my basement is a lot nicer then a 2 hour drive to my Dad's layout. I will still go down and help him out, but most of my future post will be about this new layout. There is mainly scenery on my...
  17. M

I'm going to run it from the main room area. Since it's only 3-4 staging tracks on the lower level and 1 straight run track that transitions between lower and upper levels, I think it will be pretty low impact. I could even use track occupancy detectors for the few staging tracks.... Camera even?
  18. M

I have nixed the duck under version for a more back and head friendly walk-in design. 1st level 2nd level I'm still debating if I want to go the extra 100 miles to hand lay track and make it dual gauge. The majority of the 1st level would be standard Gauge with an mix of dual that...
  19. M

Hey everyone, It's been a long time since I have posted. But good news... I have acquired a new area to build a layout. The room will be approximately 14'x15', with a 3'x20' staging/reverse loop area. I have yet to even stud out the walls, so I have a long way to go before running trains.:D...
  20. M

Starting the new layout!

Where is my inspiration? Has anyone else got in a lull? I need to get my butt in gear...

Back