Search results

1. C

My Layout Idea

I took a screenshot of the area I've chosen to model from Google Earth, and added a few road and canal identifiers that weren't visible at the zoom level I was using. I'm thinking of using the trackplan that Cjcrescent posted, and running one of the canals parallel to the portion of track...
  2. C

My Layout Idea

Using your suggestions and diagram, SpitFireV12RR, I re-did the design. I made a single-tracked and a double-tracked version. Single Track Double Track Speaking of which, I got my first paycheck today, for $75. With that, I can probably buy one and a half locomotives on eBay. :)
  3. C

My Layout Idea

The lift-up/out seems to be the best idea, since I'm 14 and 5' 4", and if my cousins are any indication, I should be near six feet in no time. You do have a point, RexHea, about the corners.
  4. C

My Layout Idea

The closet being closed off will most likely be out of the question. I doubt that he can even get rid of everything that's in there in the span of two years, let alone what's in the closet. My mom uses it to store seasonal clothing (right now it's full of winter coats from a trip to Europe a...
  5. C

My Layout Idea

Thanks for the offer! I'd really appreciate it. :) According to your diagram, I'd have to crawl underneath the table to access the operating space, right? And am I correct in inferring that the space between the thick line and the end of the diagram over on the right-hand side is an allowance...
  6. C

My Layout Idea

I don't think I can do a drop swing section because the wall along the bottom of the room (from the diagram above's vantage point) is actually one of those sliding closet doors that opens outward. I'd have to build an eight feet long section of drop-swing track to be able to access the closet...
  7. C

My Layout Idea

I wanted to do the layout in N scale, but the truth is that there just isn't as much variety avaliable. For instance, I can't find any Amfleet cars in N scale, and structures that fit what I'll be needing are virtually nonexistant. About the flat terrain, that's mostly because the real-life...
  8. C

My Layout Idea

With some of your suggestions in mind, I modified the layout sligthly. The inner tracks now run at an angle to the outer ones, and I've removed parts of the table for easier turning around and reaching to other sides of the layout. All aisles are now two feet in width. Concerning the access...
  9. C

My Layout Idea

How exactly does an access hatch work? I realize that eighteen inches for the aisle is a bit of a squeeze, but as it is, the layout barely fits the 24" radius curves.
  10. C

My Layout Idea

I've measured the dimensions of the storage room, and they turned out to be 128 x 148 inches (18,944 square inches). Due to the design of the room, though, there are only 15,104 square inches of usable space. I've read through some of the beginner threads (thanks, SpaceMouse, they've been...
  11. C

My Layout Idea

Steve B, I wasn't really sure on the differences between the two sets, but looking closer at Valley Cement, it does look a lot like some of the plants we have here down in South Florida. The final track layout and structure selection/placement depends on whether or not my dad's actually going...
  12. C

My Layout Idea

Shortly after re-joining MRF, I came up with an idea for a layout that I'd like to create. Currently, I'm working as a production assistant with my dad's company, and if I save my paychecks, I'll be able to afford a modest four feet by eight feet layout in about two or three years or so. This...
  13. C

New Member Here

I doubt I'd have the space, LOL. The airport I'm working on is about 4' x 8' (but was designed to be taken apart and stored easily), and I'm using models that when compared to even Z scale, they're less than a third of the size. And that's just for the airport and railroad. If anyone was to...
  14. C

New Member Here

Hi, all. I just joined MRF a few hours ago, and thought I should post a topic introducing myself to the community. I'm a high school freshman living in the Miami suburb of Miami Lakes, whose interest in railroading was just revived. I've had several train sets in the past, simply track...
  15. C

weekend photo fun 07-21-2006

It looks very nice, but the 737-200 flying toward the ground in the last two shots is a bit disconcerting. :p
  16. C

N & HO Vehicles

I haven't, but after seeing it, I'm proud to say that my town is one of those that prohibits stores like Wal-Mart from setting up shop within its borders. Then again, it's mostly because there isn't enough space for one, so as a result, we have a SuperCenter just north of the town limit. My...

Back