Search results

1. scroggin

Earthquake

I came home today after an earthquake to find all my engines and most of the cars lying on their sides one engine had fallen to the ground. The only damage was a stake snapped off one of the log cars. Meanwhile in the real world Kiwi Rail has stopped all trains in the lower North Island of New...
  2. scroggin

Fell Engine

Here is my latest its a model of a fell engine. The fell system was an earlier alternative to rack and pinion the locomotive had two engines one providing normal traction and the other driving wheels that clamped either side of a raised centre rail. The prototype was used on a 3 mile section of...
  3. scroggin

BLI vs KATO

Hi, just wanting some feedback as to which are the better runners, and the more reliable between kato and BLI. Im doing some kitbashing so looks aren't important to me. Ive nearly finished one loco using a kato NW2 switcher and am very pleased with how it runs, were thinking of doing a second...
  4. scroggin

Grade crossing with a difference

here are a couple photos of a new zealand j-class locomotive crossing the runway at gisborne airport
  5. scroggin

New Layout

Hi folks here is an Idea for a new layout that Im thinking about for your critique. It would be built in a lined 40' container,a major project for the next few years. The size is 40'x7'10" Max curve on mainline = 45" radius Max gradient = 1.1% Two layers. The top...
  6. scroggin

Returning empty Cars

Has anyone made a removeable piece of track that can be lifted out with the carriages on it to return the full coal cars from the industry to a mine or something similar? It seems silly to have to run a train loaded with coal from the industries back to the mine.
  7. scroggin

19'x17' Ho layout

just wanting some criticism and suggestions for this layout Im wanting to build in my garage.
  8. scroggin

steep gradient

I were thinking of putting in a 6% gradient on a hidden section of track for downhill running only. Has anyone ever done this? and would it cause any problems such as derailments at the front of a long train ? I use kadee couplers.

Back