Search results

1. E

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Morning All! Surgery plus 8 days. Doing most things OK. Last self-injection of blood thinners a few minutes ago. You know I never felt the poke but the medicine stings after its in. Oh well, all done anyway! Got a call from the surgeon. He says I did well, and they cleaned everything out...
  2. E

Yeah I have those and I’m a big Genesis fan as well. I have an Econami series SD-40-2 that they did a real nice job with. I bought this Wally SD to go with my earlier Wally SD from the previous release. I was surprised at the crappy lighting. The first release was better. The light fixtures...
  3. E

Photos of the fix will follow! :)
  4. E

Morning all. The world is still here and the rapture didn't happen, so on we go! For those with interest in the Wally SD9 light package here is a photo and some videos. I'm not sure why they did it this way. For the quality of the rest of the model and the fine way they run this is something...
  5. E

Not the emergency light, and to tell the truth the lights kinda suck. They are the model’s weak point. They there are LEDs that don’t center on the lenses right. I’ll need to do something about them.
  6. E

Went to my LHS for some decoders for the Pacific Electric project. Look what I found. Take that you Bloody Nose haters! HAH! 🤣🤣. I got a good deal. DCC ready and I had a Lok Pilot decoder that needed a home. It’ll get weathered up and run with my Black Widow unit.
  7. E

I was in the last big one in San Francisco. Interesting experience. 7.0 or 7.1. Having the ground move out from under your feet is most disconcerting. It's not supposed to happen. :) We had to rent a car and drive to Sacramento to get out. I remember how difficult it was to navigate the...
  8. E

The siding crew is here today to re-side the house. We took a bunch of damage from the hailstorm a couple of years back. It's taken this long to get it done because so many homes got trashed. That's the good news. The bad news: I get to listen to hammering all day! 🤪
  9. E

Smaller engines

I'm sure it did too, but you know he might have made more on a pair of 2-8-0's. This was when the Bachmann 2-8-0 was pretty new, and that was a solid model with a reliable mechanism.
  10. E

Smaller engines

Amen! 🤣 🤣 You know I once interfered in a sale at a hobby shop out in Phoenix. A guy was looking at a Big Boy and mentioned his 18" radius. The shop owner told him it would negotiate that radius just fine, which it would have. I piped up and said "If it were me I'd buy two 2-8-0's. It...
  11. E

Smaller engines

Ah the small engine debate! Boy this one will probably get me in trouble. 🤣 A couple of answers here. The big one: Because it's what we as a community want. Sometimes modelers grumble about how expensive the locos have gotten too, but again, we as a community drove the market there with...
  12. E

Walthers GP35

I have a number of their locos. Solid mechanisms. Loksound 5 is a solid decoder. Very good detail. In general, I'd say they are worth the money. I'm looking at their upcoming F units in SP bloody nose.
  13. E

Morning All! I know I've been incommunicado for a while. Between moving the daughter into her condo, work (clearing the decks for my absence), and my upcoming surgery I haven't had time for much of anything else. I had the surgery Friday. They sent me home yesterday. They were able to do...
  14. E

Espeefan's Passenger Car Modeling

Tha That sounds like the Hustler post steam! Where did you live? Was it between Dallas & Houston?
  15. E

Improving Our Steam Engines Performance

I don't have any myself, but a few of our club members have them in all brass consists. One member has a Santa Fe passenger train he pulls with a Blue Goose Hudson with one of these in a baggage car. It works very well for him. It depends on a couple of things: Are they still available...
  16. E

As I mentioned, The Coach Yard does these: https://www.walthers.com/power-truck-2-axle-w-36-quot-wheels-can-motor-dcc-compatible-suitable-for-cars-w-8-6-quot-to-9-wheelbase I have seen them in four and six axle configurations. They are expensive but work very well. Walthers doesn't carry...
  17. E

Espeefan's Passenger Car Modeling

Morning All! I figured I'd finish the last Daylight diner before moving on to the trolleys. I haven't done a before and after shot yet (I don't think?... :) ) Anyway, here it is. The interior was a real pain on this one and I forgot the blinds, but then I figured I wanted people to see the...
  18. E

Interesting. So, is there a way to calculate the loss of efficiency?
  19. E

Walthers decal issues

Whose decal film itis important. Micro Sol and Set work best with their decals. You might try Walthers Solvaset or DDV (same thing) The thicker the film the more solution it takes to get it to lay down. Decals do go on best over a gloss finish. They will go on over a dull finish, but you...
  20. E

I don't mean to lean on you or be overly argumentative here, but I've been tuning steamers for over 20 years. Some plastic, mostly brass. Some ran well right out of the box, some were real stinkers. In all that time I've never heard of "torque surge". It's an interesting theory, but a...

Back