Search results

1. P

Norfolk Southern SD40E pull local trains?

DE - I suggest you take a look through the many photos at rrarchives and see if you can get a feel for where the trains are spotted and figure out what they are doing. I just looked at a high-hood engine which had a ton of pictures, and the first few listed are taken of the engine within yard...
  2. P

New Hood Sides

Chris, can you give us a progress report? I'm eager to get a start on the new long hoods you have been working on producing. Thanks, -bill
  3. P

Anyone doing custom painting?

Tons of folks over here do it: http://dieseldetailer.proboards.com -bill
  4. P

Athearn GP38-2 -- some info needed

Just let me know if your web/eBay search is successful. This is the unit I have - but mine is stripped of paint: http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH77155 -bill
  5. P

Athearn GP38-2 -- some info needed

Let me know if you are able to find a frame. I have an RTR Athearn GP38-2 that I stripped but am not going to use. All the parts are there except for one battery box plate. I would sell you the whole deal for $35 plus shipping and you can just remove the body and put the whole frame, trucks...
  6. P

Ho scale hood sides

thanks for the update, Chris. Please keep us posted on progress. Best of luck getting things up and running... -bill
  7. P

Badger Modelflex Paint??

Internettrains.com carries the line as well - direct link to their ordering: http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IT&Category_Code=PNTACYBAD
  8. P

Ho scale hood sides

Chris - on the website the GP38-2 hoods are not called out by phase. Can you contact me before you ship these so I can tell you which phase I need? thanks, -bill
  9. P

Ho scale hood sides

Any updates, Chris?
  10. P

Badger Modelflex Paint??

I think they are quite good, I've only been able to buy them online -
  11. P

Badger Modelflex Paint??

I've used Badger paints on two occasions - as the poster stated above, they ship at the proper viscosity for airbrushing, so do not thin them. Secondly, since they are acrylic, I technically don't know why you couldn't mix them with other acrylics but - I'm not sure why you would want to do...
  12. P

Ho scale hood sides

Ok, Chris, I've place an order for a set.... -bill
  13. P

Ho scale hood sides

Thanks for the reply. When you have gp-38-2 sides ready to ship, I will happily take a set. All the best getting things going - -bill
  14. P

Ho scale hood sides

Chris, When will the sides be available as a shipped product? thanks, -bill
  15. P

Ancient Proto2000 GP9 - Wiring Mystery

I have two 30's I repainted as Reading units and two B&O. One I painted and used the very early "Starburst" theme from the '60's.
  16. P

I have to admit, since I'm still running DC, I've been known to remove the whole PC board and hardwire from the trucks to the motor for a model that I thought I had to have - the GP38-2 D&H locos come to mind. I went to school on those - first the cracked axles, then the locked up gears, and...
  17. P

That 'splains it! Good luck with this loco in the future... -bill
  18. P

Ken, before you toss it, I recommend one more thing. I've reviewed the thread and didn't see you mention taking the trucks completely apart. I think you replaced the axles. There is another odd thing about these early P2Ks - the grease they used inside the worm and transfer gears. I've...
  19. P

My first modules

Zoe, hope all is ok with you and your family. Wishing you the best... -bill
  20. P

Best Compressor

Matthew, the Iwata is a permanent fixture on the workbench. I'm very pleased and Maggie doesn't freak out when the paint shop is open...

Back