Search results

1. zgardner18

Happy New Year! What's it going to bring you?

First off Happy New Year to everyone! So I'm hoping this year will be a great year for me and my family but more so for my model railroading. Besides the birth of my third child (all boys) at the end of January, I am hoping that this darn house sells so that we can move into a new home...
  2. zgardner18

BNSF Dash-9 Faded H2

I have finally finished a long awaited project and I wanted to show it off. I did not make it totally exact to the prototype but tried my best. Still the cab and the front handrails are incorrect but close enough. This unit was a HO Athearn BB Union Pacific that I stripped down and...
  3. zgardner18

I need to formally apologize

Guys, Back in August I posted a few photos on this website’s “Weekend Photo Fun” of my two engines on someone else’s layout. I forgot to mention that it was NOT my layout figuring that everyone knows that I have only a simple diorama and nothing that excellent. My friend told me of his lack...
  4. zgardner18

Faded BNSF Dash-9?

Has anyone ever painted one of there BNSF engines to look like this? http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=220986&nseq=37 What color did you use? Or did you just add white to your orange? I'm thinking about painting one up.
  5. zgardner18

Fade my paint

Guys, I want to fade the colors of some of my cars and engines, what are some good ways of doing this to an already painted train?
  6. zgardner18

Athearn BB SDP40

Hey guys, I had a question. I've been seeing some old Athearn Blue Box SDP40's show up on Ebay and wanted to know if they are correct on the size of the shells or are they too big like like Athearn old SD45's were? Does anyone know if Athearn is going to come out with a RTR of the SDP40?
  7. zgardner18

Ricko in 1:87 Scale

Guys, This is my first post on this website. Yesterday I was looking through the Walther's seasonal sale catalog and notice that a company called Ricko has modern HO scale cars. I for one have a great interest in modern cars for I am modeling in the 2000's and struggle to understand why...

Back