Search results

1. N

custom norfolk southern dash 9-40cw

I am using an athearn RTR AC4400 chassis, which has the self steering trucks (which athearn puts on all their new AC4400 an Dash 9s even though its incorrect, it's a matter of being very cheap and their quality is starting to lack) I am using a old blue box dummy kit, so I just removed the...
  2. N

I am going to use floquil acrylics to paints this loco. I am going to use grimy black on the trucks, under frame, fuel tanks. For the shell i am undecided yet, I don't know if I should use engine black or steam power black or just tamiya flat black. I am using floquil clear flat finish as the...
  3. N

yea, they look good. I like that flat and faded look, i will be using floquil for the shell and i don't know about the trucks or underframe yet. I thinking maybe like a grim black or a black with a grayish tint. Like the coloratheran uses on the walkways of their NS Geneis engines.
  4. N

hey guys, I am modeling norfolk southern dsah 9-40cw as prototypical as possible. I will be using a athearn blue box dash 9-40cw unpowered kit for this project. The only down fall is that the light postion on the front of the locomotive is incorrect. They are in the nose by the door, i will be...

Back