Search results

1. GWT&P

Local RR industry lay off

I learned Friday that our local Trinity Industries Tank Car Division has laid off some employees. :( It looks like the economic downturn is starting to really effect us now. Up until recently, it hasn't been too bad in Texas, but it looks like that's changing. How's the RR industries fairing...
  2. GWT&P

Steam loco squeaking

I have an older IHC steam loco (DC only). The other day I noticed it started squeaking every so often. I figured it needed a lube job, so I took it apart and lubed it. It now seems to run a little smoother, but it still squeaks. :( I didn't want to over do the lube job. I can't really tell...
  3. GWT&P

Number boards for steam loco?

I'm looking at adding number boards to my HO Bachmann 4-8-2 steam loco. I need the ones on either side of the headlight. Anybody know who makes them or could I make my own?
  4. GWT&P

Has anyone converted a coal tender to oil?

Has anyone here ever converted a standard coal tender to an oil tender? :confused: I have a IHC steam loco with a coal tender, and I'd like to make it an oil tender, but I was hoping someone else has done that. I'm thinking it won't be too difficult, but I thought I'd check here first.
  5. GWT&P

Pro's/Con's P2K and Tichy Tank Car Kits?

Anyone built a Tichy Train Group tank car kit? How do the Tichy tank car kits compare to the Proto2000 kits as to detail, difficulty, etc.? What about their other kits? Thanks for your input. :)
  6. GWT&P

Suggestions for Athearn BB passenger cars

I'm thinking about getting some Athearn passenger car kits because of price and length (I have 22" radius curves). What suggestions do ya'll (yeah, I'm from Texas) have to improve looks and performance that would be easy and inexpensive, such as couplers, interiors, etc. I'm talking about...

Back