Search results

1. C

Athearn RTR Gp38-2

It's been awhile since my last locomotive purchase and I have been browsing lately. I was thinking about getting an athearn Gp38-2 perhaps (http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH80183) It was not mentioned on the site but are there Gp38-2's DCC ready? The last locomotive I...
  2. C

New Layout, New Location

Some of you may remember me, I see alot of familiar names are still around. Well it's been awhile since I was here and the summer has been busy for me and not alot of time for modeling. Well recently, as in a few days ago, I had to give up my "train room" do too family matters out of my...
  3. C

New layout video.

New layout video. (New Video 9/14/07) Here's a short video I made of my layout with it fully corked, and all wired up! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECZZfF2cxiM
  4. C

Layout Progress Update.

Layout Progress Update. Yard Update! Well It's been about a year since it was started, Actually a Year and 2 months. And Progress has been a bit slow but steady. Many things have changed since then and everyday It's looking better and better. I Would just like too share some pictures of the...
  5. C

If you won last weeks lottery...

If you won last week's lottery what would you buy? Or do? I personally wouldn't know where too start. Let's just say I'd make a LHS Very happy.
  6. C

Athearn sd75 full hand raill set NEeded

Ok a long while ago my athearn sd75 santa FE fail of the train table by accident, i since upgraded the layout too prevent this from ever happening again. Well anyways when it hit the ground a few things broke :(. Including the handrails on the on side, I took the other ones off so i could repair...
  7. C

Industry Selection HElp.

Ok as i come closer to finishing the track, Im starting too think of the Industries. Now i know for certain where the Lumber Mill and Grain Silos are going. But out of the three indystry locations theres one that has yet too be decided on what its future will be. It location is rate on the edge...
  8. C

Scratch Build Progress Update I

Ok well as you may or may not remember about 3-4 months ago i was questioning a few things about scratch building well 3-4 months later i made some progress on my first every scratch built item i ever made in my life :) so i feel this is a large acomplishment. Now im scratch building the NS alto...
  9. C

1st Control Panel Of the Layout

Ok its been awhile since my last layout update, come too think of it its been awhile since i done much :P. Well i fianly got started one the 1st of 3 control panels currently i have it all made just need too add switches and wires. I got some Drawer Wheel's and set this up so it can pull in...
  10. C

Railfanning My layout Part 2

HEres a new video i made with the new camera i got for christmas Canon Powershot A540. enjoy Video
  11. C

DCC retainers clips

Ok the retainers that game with the Loco the slots in them seem to be too small to fit on my digitrax decoder, Is there anyway to fix this? Also where can i buy addtional retainers? because i need a couple becuase i lost two for another engine.
  12. C

Athearn rtr 9-44cw DEcoeder?

Athearn rtr 9-44cw DEcoeder? What type is needed for the quick plug version of the athearn rtr dash 9. I want to buy a digitrax brand decoder. And since im getting the new loco in a couple of days i want the decoder so i can put it in when i get it.
  13. C

Athearn rtr dash 9 Availibilty

Have the athearn RTR Dash 9 norfolk southern horsehead scheme 2006 production, Released yet? If not any pacific date been set. And another question is there a difference between the 04 and 06 production?
  14. C

TRash TRain

Ok a few weeks ago i was railfanning around the NS mainline in PA and twice i saw a Train with about 50 flatcars all with two containers on them. They werent dumpsters. They whre blue and alost looked like decapitated intermodal containers because the only thing that covered it was a tarp. and...
  15. C

Measurment Issue

Ok i started measurments for my project. The building according to real life is 24 feet 8 inches by 14 feet 6 inches. After dividing and rounding i came up with the ho measurments of 2in.x3in. witch doesnt seem right cause its seems way too small when i draw it out now a company makes this model...
  16. C

Scratch building Question

OK i got two question here. 1. Ok welll im low on money and there not much too do on my layout until i get money so ive been bored. but recently i came across a good bit of modeling wood And is in great shape. And it was FREe!!! So i decided to scratch build a building for HO scale so how do...
  17. C

Regular Athearn VS. Athearn Genisis

Ok now whats the difference between athearn regular run and there genisis locomotives. Is there realy much of a quality difference? If so could you tell me what makes them different. And if its just as good as the genisis loco's.
  18. C

KAto's Dash 9 NS

Ok does any one know if the Kato's dash 9 norfolk southern. Do they sale it in the horsehead scheme? Im lookin into buyin a loco soon. And i would prefer kato or athearn and i narrowed it down too kato's SD-80 mac or there dash 9? And if anyone can find a pick of kato's dash 9 can you please...
  19. C

Layout Progress Photo's

Ok its been 3 months since my last update and this is whats going on so far. *the mainline is completely laid with the track * Lumber Yard and Frieght Depot Track Laid * Shelving added * cloth attached around the layout to hide the mess * Some Wiring Completed Pics Picture of the...
  20. C

Athearn Sd75 Question

Ok i own a Sd75 athearn genisis Loco now is there any chance that a sd70 shell will fit on the sd75 loco. If so does anyone kno where i can find a athearn norfolk southern sd70 shell.

Back