Search results

1. F

question on hand laid turnouts

Hello all, I am looking for anyone who make jigs for hand laying your turnouts. I'm looking for #7 and greater, I found a company called fast tracks, however I just can't afford 200 bucks for a jig. are there any other companies that provide options?
  2. F

Soundtraxx ATI-1000 help

I'm having a bit of a wiring problemo. I installed the sound decoder into my Bachmann GP-7 and wired according too the diagram however the lights don't work no matter what I do. Then I wired the lights opposite the diagram and I just get a steady glow from both LED's without the light function...
  3. F

Ghosts of the past

I'm starting this thread for all railfans. I'm wanting to start a group called "Ghosts of the Past" where people can share all kinds of photos, stories and what have you of railroad history all across America. I'm from the Cleveland Ohio area and this area alone is FLOODED with all kinds of rail...
  4. F

A lesson about what model railroading is...

While operating my B&O Capitol Dome oddessy, I got into an "argument" with a close friend about model railroading and his fleet of BLI. I am a fan of bachmann locomotives (I mean the Quality since 2011 models haha) and my friend was not at all impressed with my B&O collection for all that came...
  5. F

The one thing I refuse to get rid of!

So as of July 7th I have been laid off from my airport job and am still having trouble finding work. I've been a little depressed lately, having no money, not being able to go anywhere. So recently I have been messing around with my trains a lot and that's when happiness struck me. I found my...
  6. F

Help on a Mantua GP20

This may be an "idiotic" question, but I have a Mantua GP20 with regualr horn couplers and I'm looking to replace them with kadees but come to find out I can't figure for hte life of me how to replace the couplers...any help anyone?
  7. F

A big thank you goes to....

Everyone on this forum who has time after time answered thousands of questions, even I myself have asked, who always have the right advice, who help those with no clue about whatever the topic may be. I can't thank those enough who have helped to answer my questions, and I'm also thanking those...
  8. F

a flex track question

I am building a small layout to fit under my bed, and would like to just use all flex track, other than the switches obviously. I have ample model RR experience but I've never worked with flex track or know anyone who does. I want to use it because the plan I have incorporates sections that...
  9. F

Question about 2-10-4's

I am modelling a little bit of the Santa Fe RR, and I was looking into buying the bachamnn blue line DCC equipped Santa Fe 2-10-4. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it, and was wondering if a 2-10-4 can even make 22" radius, for that is the biggest radius on my layout at this time...
  10. F

Question about ditching lights and Athearn RTR

I have 2 Athearn Amtrak P42DC's that came DCC ready for any 9 pin decoder. I have installed TMC decoders in them and I would like to super detailthem and was wondering about adding ditch lights as well as the red lights up front for when traveling in reverse. Is what I want to do even possible...
  11. F

Super detailing Athearn RTR P42's

Hello everyone. I have recently been messing around with super detailing a few locos and after completing a couple projects I feel I want to super detail my Amtrak P42Dc's. I've recently bought them along with a whole passenger set, I've grown up with Amtrak (I'm only 21 lol) and I've just...
  12. F

Ghosts of the past thunder on!

I have to admit, my favorite locomotive of all is the NYC Niagara. Sadly there is not one in existence, and if I could find the sponsers and blue prints I would love to rebuild one for excursion purposes. I have always caught myself wondering why such a 6,000 horsepower beast that once proudly...
  13. F

The engineer never knew....

I've been looking for the right spot to tell this story. It's a story that needs to be told to those who have been down on their luck. It's a story to those who need to find a way to just believe. But the hard part is where to begin the story. I guess the story begins in Oshkosh...
  14. F

Question about wheels.

This may seem like a "dumb" question but I'm having a bit of trouble with my Bachmann Amtrak coaches rolling. I have narrowed the problem down to the fact that for some reason the metal wheels seem to have resistance where they connect to the truck. I know that I'd be a complete idiot to oil the...
  15. F

Driverod Alley

My friends and I are building a layout that depicts the late 40's to mid 50's of the PRR and NYC. we found the design in a book and have laid trackwork and some buildings temporarily just to see some trains run. We currently are ballasting the track and are adding scenery. The base scenery is...
  16. F

Proto 2000 BL2 short, need help!!!

I have a Proto 2000 WM BL2 that I got awhile back. I was planning on equipping it with DCC when I tested it out on short section of standard DC powered track, and come to find out, it shorts out. I tore the motor out and tested the motor, of which works like new, so I'm thinking the short has to...
  17. F

HELP!!!! Walthers trainline detailing

Hello all! I am currently in the process of super detailing my walthers trainline Alco FA1 (Southern) and a MILW GP-20. I have DCC equipped both locos and am starting to consider detailing them because I find them to be great running locos. I have no idea where to begin to get parts from...

Back