Search results

1. dingoix

Weekend Photo Fun 8/11/06-8/13/06

kjd, what brand is that 2-6-2?
  2. dingoix

The Rad Roster Challenge #2

I agree on all 4 axle units. emt, SD40-2s seem like overkill, as a pair of GP38-2s could handle a 60 car train.
  3. dingoix

The Rad Roster Challenge #2

10 new GP38-2s for the thru / interchange trains 4 used GP35s for local freights 4 used GP7s for local freight and yard switching
  4. dingoix

The Rad Roster Challenge #1

Then I propose- 2-8-2s for the thru trains, as they should handle 60 cars on those grades and still maintain decent speed. 4-6-2s for passenger service and I'm sure they could haul a short (20-30 car) thru train and stay on time. For local freight and yard switching, I suggest 2-6-0s and...
  5. dingoix

"Best" Looking Unit, Steam

Mines a tie between a CGW K-5 Pacific and a CGW E-7 Ten Wheeler But, the Milwaukee Road S-3 4-8-4s sure looked good.
  6. dingoix

The Rad Roster Challenge #1

How long might the trains be?
  7. dingoix

Looking for HO Scale Models of Preserved/Active Steam Locomotives

Athearn Genesis and Rivarossi make UP challengers. Riv made a UP FEF 4-8-4 in both the 2 tone gray and the all black paint. PCM is coming out with a SP GS-4. BLI has a N&W Class J 4-8-4. BLI has a N&W Class A 2-6-6-4. The MILW S-3 4-8-4 #261- I badly want a model of one. Hoping BLI / PCM...
  8. dingoix

weekend photo fun 07-21-2006

BRAKIE, I love the shot of the ex-DRGW GP35. The ex-CNW hopper is nice too.
  9. dingoix

"Best" looking Locomotive, Diesel...

Best looking is definitly the GP38-2. So beautiful, especially in IANR paint
  10. dingoix

Post your fleet, roster, whatever you wanna call it

Zephr, I love those kodachromes.
  11. dingoix

Trackplan w/ Question

Now you have. I love that show.
  12. dingoix

Painting your locos

Let's see - I'm currently painting / decaling an IANR GP38-2. I use spray paint, not an airbrush. Gray Primer (I used it for the gray paint) I had several cans on hand- plenty to do an HO model. International Red- had on hand- but I think it's $2 at Farm*Fleet Sun Yellow- bought at...
  13. dingoix

Latest version of my trackplan

BTW, suddenly I want to model '68 again, but this will have almost no effect on the plan. I had a heck of a time adding that wye leg so it isn't on this plan.
  14. dingoix

Great minds think alike.
  15. dingoix

Ok. Now its basically a passing siding with a small wye branching off it. The siding wouldn't be that close to the main, of course. I also don't think curves would be as sharp it's easier to actuallly lay the track than lay it with RTS
  16. dingoix

Ken, I like that. I have a slight varitation, tho. Let me fire up atlas RTS and modify the plan a bit.
  17. dingoix

I'll think about it- I kinda wanted to turn (steam) passenger trains, tho.
  18. dingoix

Weekend Photo Fun 6-30-2006

Steve, it's at the ex-CGW Oelwein (iowa) yard. It is "one of those places that can never die, yet it has".
  19. dingoix

I do realize operation is a team sport. I'm not quite sure how the local could work the branch and have another train running on the main at the same time. I would like the layout to be able to support 2-4 operators, even if I run solo 90% of the time. The layout can support 2 as it is- the yard...
  20. dingoix

Weekend Photo Fun 6-30-2006

Nice pics. I love the kodachrom scheme- Athearn makes a RTR kodachrome GP35. It looks nice. today is a sad anniversary- CGWs last day. It was merged into CNW at 12:01AM, on July 1, 1968. Goodbye old friend. Here's FP7 #116A, the only engine currently in CGW paint

Back