Search results

1. Midnught Special

DCC concerns

Ok I just got one of my cheap locos fitted with DCC, and before anyone says any thing about "spending more on the DCC then the locos are worth" please leave that out of the thread ;) anyways I got the Queen Elizabeth fitted with a DN163 (thats what the paper says) how ever when running it on my...
  2. Midnught Special

The Little Six that could...

Ok as some know I am working on a little Six engine which I kinda fallen in love with (ironic) and I am going to repaint it either a nice black or try in my Road colours... now here where I need help with I am working on getting the motor working again which as far as I can tell I am...
  3. Midnught Special

DCC programming questions

I just started using the program called JMRI (great program by the way) and I want to know if its possible to have the front head light (depending on direction of travel) be on full bright and the rear facing head lamp either "flash" or "pulse/strobe" then when the direction of travel changes...
  4. Midnught Special

Station with sound

Ok not really sure where I can put this as its something to me that falls under multiple areas, scenery, layout and DCC/buildings....so here goes... I want to build a train station (obviously) or find one prebuilt, yes I know Tyco or some company used to make one with sound part of it, but...
  5. Midnught Special

Decals questions

Ok as some already know I got the lettering off the loco that I want to get off, now I am starting the process of looking for decals, however since Im doing a fictional road I want to make my own name wise, however im not really sure what I need to do, I have the Name, font type (experimenting...
  6. Midnught Special

Painting with an air brush questions

ok im going to proceed with my other little project of removing the lettering off a loco, but I have some airbrush questions for those of you who use them, I got a basic air brush that will fit my needs, small and compact, and to just get practice with anyways, however I have mostly enamle based...
  7. Midnught Special

removing decals

Ok I have a loco that im thinking of trying to reletter to my road, however all I want to remove is the current name on it which reads "Southern" so I want to just remove the name, but keep the road numbers on it, now when I run my hand on the lettering I do feel raised up letters so I assume...
  8. Midnught Special

DCC help needed

Ok my DCC controler (Botchmann) EZ-Command just died out on me tonight and im guessing it burned its self out as it emitted a funny smell similar to burnt electronics...so Im just assuming it burned up, so my question is should I buy a replacement unit (Bachmann EZ-Command) that comes with an...
  9. Midnught Special

making a diarama

Ok I want to make some sort of small diarama type set up, some thing small and portable for use when its time to take pictures of my trains or display them, something that I can use with any type of loco (non period specific) and some wagons and coaches as needed, since I have never done such a...
  10. Midnught Special

Running in trains/Breaking them in

Ok how/what is the best way to run in or break in a train? is it ok to have an engine pull a train while its getting run in?? is there a good speed to run them in at or is it harmful to pull a train while your running an engine in? I would like other views on this subject as I seem to get a...
  11. Midnught Special

My reviews

Ok guys and gals, I like to do reviews of various rail road based products (secondary hobby of mine aside from the primary hobby of trains) and my second review just went live, I do this with a friend who is a dealer as well he goes by the username (on another forum that I visit, not sure if hes...
  12. Midnught Special

my first kit

Ok im gonna start putting a kit together (unassembled box car) and I know I need glue or some sort of model cement, but other things im not 100% sure on, so I figured I would post to get other peoples suggestions of things I should get have! yes I plan to dry fit every thing that I can as I go...
  13. Midnught Special

Building a MOW train

Ok, I want to start putting together a MOW type train, the ballast tenders, cleaners, layers, the whole 9 yards worth of a MOW type train. I have a few pieces already that I plan to use to start one (pictured below), what else should I get/do I need for a proper MOW train? Bunk car...
  14. Midnught Special

My first load!

Yes this is my first load of hopefully more to come, yes be honest, if it sucks it sucks and ill redo it.... 6147 pulling the load I think this may be my new wreak set up. The load its self... ol' 6147 on the rails
  15. Midnught Special

track cutter help

ok guys I'm in need of easy low cost solutions here...I need track cutters of some sore...before someone.screams go post in the layout forum this is needed for a project I'm working g on for a flat car its self...
  16. Midnught Special

need a bit of help, lettering removal

Ok heres the neal, I got a train, a tyco unit, its green and orange so it fits my RRs color scheme perfict, only thing is it says "Denver & Rio Grande" and I want to remove that WITH OUT removing the orange paint.....what are my options, please keep in mind im on a budget so I kinda am stuck...
  17. Midnught Special

ICE Train questions/decision.

Ok I decided to grab the bull and pull the trigger, even tho my credit card will hate me and Ill hate my self later down the road but what ever, anyways I decided which ICE I want, but how can i figure out if its DCC enabled/on board with sound? or where I could grab one with that stuff already...
  18. Midnught Special

train identification help

Ok im trying to figure out who makes/what is the train in the picture (see below or if the image doesn't load for you click the link) as Im kinda wanting to get it. Im pretty sure it a euro type train but not sure who the manufacture is or what the name of it is...
  19. Midnught Special

more Coupler help....uug

Ok I got the Kadee #5's and they eorked on the amtrak cars from Tyco, thanks guys for the help there!! however I got a problem the AHM/Riverosi engines I got need couplers (knuckle) and the #5's don't fit!! the engine in question (the 2-8-4) has a "snap clamp" style of some sort and I need help...
  20. Midnught Special

turning my Baldwin Shark into a "dummy" engine...need doners

Ok Im trying to turn the Baldwin Shark from a broken down engine to one that is useable, I want to turn it into a dummy, I dont need it to run or any thing, but I don't want to gut the motor as that would risk breaking plastic parts, and I want to reuse them, so I want to know what trucks/pieces...

Back