Search results

1. T

Newbie needs help with F7

F7A/B Detailing I took the stock Athearn blue box F7A/B set, browsed all the prototype photos I could find (about 6) and added a bunch of detail parts (including the wrong sunshades!), touched up some paint here and there (the steps) and greatly improved the original models. Just to give you...
  2. T

Kitbashing a VIA F40PH-2

Just finished the Cannon kits. What a difference from the moulded-on fans! Next up - the Walthers grille set. Stay tuned.
  3. T

Kitbashing a VIA F40PH-2

Nice job on the CBC unit! This is my first-ever kitbash and it's turned out to be quite the learning experience. The pics show where to cut the DW part. Cut the yellow first, then the red, discarding the piece in between. When making the red cut, it's best to cut from the bottom of the part...
  4. T

Kitbashing a VIA F40PH-2

Gee, just when I thought I was the only one... I've just started the same project, but with parts ordered from MBE and lots off the detail parts racks of my LHS. I'm not going to mill the frame for the proper fuel tank size and location, and I haven't decided if I'll relocate the rear sand...

Back