Search results

1. GN.2-6-8-0

OT rude people

I had joined a forum for my hometown NFL team,here in Az. Ahem! they have a particular player,absolute gentleman that is the Face of the franchise. I found out he had a birthday coming up so posted the date in case some were not aware of it,on the actual day again wished him a happy birthday...
  2. GN.2-6-8-0

For those DRGW Fans out there

Always loved the name Challenger but just couldn't get past all the thousands upon thousands of U.P engines it seemed everybody and their brothers kept pushing out there. Well finally found the Answer! AND IT IS DRGW!!
  3. GN.2-6-8-0

Looking for thin tape

Looking to touch up a steam locomotive and would really prefer to not have to reletter it,may need to do the cab sides and roof plus the sides of the tender. What I want to do is to mask of the cab number and the road name without leaving a rectangle of paint lines where the tape was therefor...
  4. GN.2-6-8-0

Great Books still available!!

Just added's another really great book to my libary. LIFE ALONG THE LINE by O.Winston Link is the latest In an outstanding collection. Includes a CD of sound samples record by him in the 50s. anyone familiar with his work will find this beautiful hardbound book a bargain at $25.69 on amazon.
  5. GN.2-6-8-0

MDC H.O new version oldtimer 2-6-0

Just picked up one of these tea kettles at a swap meet and and wondering if anyone has one and what are your thoughts on them.
  6. GN.2-6-8-0

looking for article on mold making

Hoping to find any articles in Model railroader or model railroad craftsman on making molds for h.o scale coal loads. by chance has anyone seen any......sure there has to be at least a few ? but which issue is the question!
  7. GN.2-6-8-0

Whistle post down

Been trying to visit the Whistle Post this last week ' getting the old this site might be temporarily down or has moved. anyone happen to know if it is just temporary or has it ceased operation?
  8. GN.2-6-8-0

MTH 2-6-6-6 Allegheny

I see MTH is bringing out a H8 Allegheny. anyone have any information one just when this brute is do at dealers? Have seen a price of $649 Also assume they will skyrocket like their Triplex did once it hit the open market. Lucky for me I have 2 already' the latest release of the Rivarossi H8...
  9. GN.2-6-8-0

cast plaster coal loads

Just bought 16 of the Walthers mainline 36' 2 bay open coal hoppers and would like to ask someone that has any of these which premade coal loads fit these cars. Walthers list a number of coal loads but surprising not for these perticular cars. Any ideas guys?
  10. GN.2-6-8-0

U.P bigboys/challengers

O.k need to stir the pot. just what is it that enthrall's guys about these locomotives' I mean like its not as if they were the only articulateds ever built. I have 10 or 12 articulates and not one are BBs or challengers' yes their good looking engines but other than that not really that special...
  11. GN.2-6-8-0

Come visit us in Phx. Az.

Visiters are always welcome to view our layout in a 165 acre railroad park in West Phx. www.azmodelrr.com
  12. GN.2-6-8-0

Da big dogs in town

Arrived on the 27th and will be hanging around for while...and i don't plan on arguing with this big bruiser :D
  13. GN.2-6-8-0

putting sound in proto 2000 N&W 2-8-8-2

Just purchased the walther proto 2000 h.o N&W 2-8-8-2 dcc ready loco. wondering how difficult it will be to install a tsunami heavy steam decoder anyone done this one?
  14. GN.2-6-8-0

sound in athearn sd75m

O.k son bought me a Athearn SD75m for Xmas' the one which all the details need to be added'no problem there even though I 68 now:) Question is how difficult would a sound install be....Tsunami. TSU750 EMD 710 mainly wondering about speaker size/placement.
  15. GN.2-6-8-0

Bachmann sound value Alco 2-6-0

Just ordered the above loco and have been looking for any owner operated reviews' appreciate any comments....
  16. GN.2-6-8-0

Pollyscale RR colors

just to let everybody whos interested know the word going around that Pollyscale RR colors are being discontinued is false. Emailed Testors and was told there are no plans to do away with their line of RR acrylics. :D
  17. GN.2-6-8-0

Just can't help myself

I'm a showin' off my Xmas present :D http://youtu.be/toAdz7wyNXc
  18. GN.2-6-8-0

Light Weathering with a new air brush

Just finished weathering my BLI Santa Fe 3800 class 2-10-2 and am really pleased with the results seeing as i used what i concidered a cheapy air brush. Bought one of the talon double action air brush knock off's at Harbor Freight awhile back and am amazed at how nice it works,great price...
  19. GN.2-6-8-0

Lima's Finest

After 15 long years I finally broke down and bought another brass steamer,But did it in style with one i've wanted for years and thought i couldn't afford.....but the train gods smiled upon me :D
  20. GN.2-6-8-0

Big Iron on the big G.

Finally was able to get a decoder installed on my biggest Great Northern steamer so I can run it on our DCC layout a R-2 Class 2-8-8-2 No. 2059....

Back