Search results

1. Iron Horseman

FORUM OUTAGE COMPLETED

So this is a hint we should be reading "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" in the mean time?
  2. Iron Horseman

plywood vs OSB

OSB can permanently swell if it gets wet. OSB will dull your cutting tools quicker.
  3. Iron Horseman

Atlas and Peco track ?

Yes, my former club standard was Atlas flex track with Peco turnouts.
  4. Iron Horseman

Decoder Installation Question

I looked through hundreds of plugs on Mouser and saw none that were 90 degree. But, they have thousands of options and you could continue the search.(see link below) I am guessing that the length of the pins are going to make a 90 degree just as tall other than the exit of the wire. There...
  5. Iron Horseman

Marx then = Lionel now

I noticed that too. Just shows some people out there have money to spend.
  6. Iron Horseman

Marx then = Lionel now

Looks like Lionel now has the old tooling from 1960's Marx HO scale stuff. I noticed the short covered cement hopper car first, then the round top new englandish looking caboose, then the tank car. The only difference I can see is they now have McHenry couplers rather than horn hooks. Marx...
  7. Iron Horseman

Decoder Installation Question

You could try to pull the plugs and see if just the socket will fit. If so perhaps solder the wire directly to the sockets pings, or cut the socket casing lower. But more so, I think I would desolder the too tall sockets and use their holes to solder the wires directly to the board.
  8. Iron Horseman

Granite Gorge and Northern

Thank you for correcting me. I tracked down the thread that I was thinking about. It is on another forum. In that case the builder had modified the plan. One of those modifications was to had added a crossover on the far left (as below) that caused the reversing loop problems. Sorry...
  9. Iron Horseman

What are you buying this Month?

That is a long service life, for any locomotive. Let alone ones who had to survive a war. I had no idea Europe ran steam into the 1970s.
  10. Iron Horseman

New to here ,but not to model railroading

So this is the Lionel "Ready to Play" Track, correct?
  11. Iron Horseman

M.B.Klein sold

Right, typo.
  12. Iron Horseman

M.B.Klein sold

Interesting, I've been dealing with Hutton's in England with my left over MBKlien stuff.
  13. Iron Horseman

New "old guy"

Ha! I am the opposite. My first encounter with big time sports was on the streets of St. Louis. I was staying in the Riverfront Plaza (now the City Place), and my office was in the Fur Traders building (now the Hyatt Regency). One afternoon I left the office to go back to the hotel room...
  14. Iron Horseman

New "old guy"

I use the Atlas Century-21 track. Lots of options, including flex track, but I believe more expensive that Fastrack.
  15. Iron Horseman

New "old guy"

Chesterfield huh? It sure has changed since they put in the new bridge over the Missouri and Highway 40 became Interstate 64. They had just built Chesterfield Mall way out in the boonies when I left. ... I used to frequent Des Peres Hobbies over near I270 & Manchester road. Pretty...
  16. Iron Horseman

New "old guy"

I got my Polar Express specifically for the Christmas Forest we do every other year.... It was the featured train this year rather than the G-gauge stuff. This years was over in another post...
  17. Iron Horseman

New "old guy"

Hoo Hoo, dual-ovals of LGB around the Christmas Tree That was my epiphany having had the HO and N scale trains in the 1960s. I started collecting old Lionel and wow, the center rail might look goofy but it sure did make things easy and so much quicker to the fun part. Never too far. I...
  18. Iron Horseman

AC OR DC to run my trains

I had no idea Lionel had so much DC equipment.
  19. Iron Horseman

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Bulk purchase of 143 reefer cars. Athearn base that are custom Painted by a company called Show Me. These were part of the California Dreamin' series. Documentation says there were 18 different designs. I got 15 of them in this lot. BUT I can count seven others in one of the original...
  20. Iron Horseman

N Scale DC Power Supply

I agree you can't go wrong with Model Rectifier Corporation (MRC). If you want new, they make a "RailPower 1300" unit model AA300. For used equipment ebay is your friend, where you can pick up a Tech II Railpower 1400 Or even a Loco-Motion 2500 for about $25. Avoid the older "gold"...

Back