Search results

1. B

delete profile?

Go to forum actions near the top and in the drop down box click edit profile. Is this what you mean?
  2. B

Bus Wire Questions

I have the same thing as you do and I used a single buss, 14 AWG solid for the buss and dropped 22 AWG solid feeders to the buss. Longest was maybe 14" but they are every 6'. You shouldn't have a problem with whatever you do.
  3. B

Hats Off to Digitrax

From the above posts, that is truly impressive! Good to know as I just purchased a sound decoder, not yet install, but it is good to know they are very timely on their response.
  4. B

Amtrak crash 04/03/16

There is a 30-40 mile section of track in Calif with no towns, no people, no roads, nothing, and Amtrak still does maybe 60 MPH. I can't imagine a train doing 100+ through inhabited areas! I guess you guys on the east coast are in more of a hurry than we are. What a shame no matter what the...
  5. B

Plastic Wheels on Older Rolling Stock

After reading quite a few threads about the benefits of metal wheels, I decided to give them a try. I bought a 40 pack of Intermountain 33" wheelsets and started converting my old blue box rolling stock. The first one I did a roll test. I have a 2% grade through an easement and then flat. I...
  6. B

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

Small world! I grew up in Goleta just north of Santa Barbara and remember the endless parade of sugar beet trains on their way to the Spreckles plant just south of Salinas. I currently live in Atascadero and have since 1970 and I am completely familiar with the area you are modeling. It would...
  7. B

DDC engine polarity question

That would be my assumption as well but why would you do this? You may confuse the decoder for a split second but it will adjust. Is the DPDT for DC running also?
  8. B

Dead Rail HO ?

Diane, did you get this up and running? I like your idea. Brian
  9. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Soory to butt in but you need to check out this guys work. https://youtu.be/Ut-0nke2hrE]
  10. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

bnsf971: that is funny!!!
  11. B

Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Athearn-Genesis-No-G9151-HO-4-8-8-4-Big-Boy-w-DCC-Sound-Unlettered-/311392033925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4880695c85 Remote control?
  12. B

Running Bear's Cofee Shop LI

I have not been on for awhile but I thought Bill Tidler was the proprietor of the coffee shop.
  13. B

Mieka's world

Don't loose the nails! They look great! They are pricey as my wife has hers done every two weeks. I like the French thing though, where the main part is pinkish and the ends are painted white. I'm not sure if that is the correct description though.
  14. B

Amtrak Train Derails Near Philadelphia

Stupid question but is there a copilot in the cab? Edit: were the cars being pushed or pulled?
  15. B

Spring Break and Tax Season, Affect You???

I try to get as close to zero as possible, a couple hundred each way is okay. I don't want a big refund nor do I want a big bill. Adjusting the withholding is the key but you don't know if you did it right for a year. There are 3,321 IRS tax forms so I am all for a flat tax and fire 75% of...
  16. B

bowser robbed

What good is a dog when you take him camping with you for the weekend?
  17. B

turnout on a curve

Iron: I have never seen an offering of an Atlas curved turnout and I have searched their website. Do you have a link to someone that has them or were they only offered for a short time?
  18. B

Cork vs. Foam vs. Homosote - Which is your preferred roadbed and why?

Cork glued to ply with a hot glue gun and track spiked is my choice.
  19. B

DC Wiring Challenge

Why not post them here?

Back