Search results

1. SP_SD9

Front End Friday

Front end Friday, Southern Pacific SD9 light packages.
  2. SP_SD9

Eldorado modules

As I'm struggling a bit to start laying tracks on my modules, I decided to upgrade one of the P2K SD9's I had in storage for a long time. Some added detail parts and for this one I'm staying with the stock paint (although way too light) and weather to fit a faded engine. My 6th Southern Pacific...
  3. SP_SD9

Eldorado modules

Short video of my corner module I left behind with SP loaded beets passing.
  4. SP_SD9

HO scale city

I keep admiring this picture, crazy good modeling and scene...now I imaging a railroad streetrunning here...like a trio of SD 9's with a string of boxcars!
  5. SP_SD9

HO scale city

Absolutely wonderful! Love the details that make the Downtown deco kits really stand out. I've built a dozen DD kits myself and it's great to see how the painting of the buildings makes them so different. Your painting is expertly done!
  6. SP_SD9

Eldorado modules

With my move to Iceland I shipped two of my modules and all rolling stock and model building stuff.I've set them up in our spare bedroom. Not a lot of space to build anything. Both modules are 35x20 inch, with a possible extension of another 40x20 to add. I had 4 small corner modules that...
  7. SP_SD9

Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

With all the high prices world wide on heating the house...I feel lucky to live here in Iceland, where almost everything is crazy expensive except for a few things. We pay around $30 each month for electricity and heat. Hot water is pumped to all houses straight from the ground up, and common...
  8. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Thank you! :-)
  9. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Takk fyrir! Ha! That would be easy! On a side note 100% of all Iceland steam engines are preserved... that's 2 (two) narrow gauge ones. :-)
  10. SP_SD9

Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Coffee break. So....when a Union Pacific rep sneaks out to check on Southern Pacific premises pre merger time and got caught by "your friendly Railroad" employees...they know how to deal with the guy. Note: No preiser figures were harmed during the scene. :cool:
  11. SP_SD9

Running Bear's February 2022 Coffee Shop

LOL! :-)
  12. SP_SD9

Yes, a 80/20 mix of fenugreek and aniseed, after gluing I sprinkled some bean savory. They still smell nice!
  13. SP_SD9

Yes, storms are really crazy here, we had in February more storms than in the whole year of 2021. And they are getting heavier all the time. But people here adapt to it and just stay home. Everything is built here to withstand storms and eartquakes (like 20.000 last year, just 10 to 15 miles...
  14. SP_SD9

Here's a picture of the load taken out.
  15. SP_SD9

Thanks! I modelled SP when I lived in the Netherlands, quite a big US railroad scene there and in Germany. Was a member of Fremo and later we had a big barn with a dozen guys with a permanent display of 50 to 60 modules. I left most of my modules in the Netherlands and took only these two for...
  16. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Yeas, I tried to find some, but I didn't find much. I was thinking about asking someone with a sound decoder equipped SD9 to record something. I don't know if you can do that digitally, as in having the sound over a stereo set or something .
  17. SP_SD9

Good evening, my first visit to the coffee shop. After surviving the 25th storm this year, last Friday was really bad with average winds of 100m/ph with gust of over 160 m/ph in the highlands just an hour from our place. All roads closed and 2 inch ice on the roads, luckily my truck has studded...
  18. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Thanks, yes I'm checking out posts now.
  19. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Thanks, just listened to Mr D's sound recordings on Youtube. Awesome! Do you know if there are more SD9 recordings on the web?
  20. SP_SD9

Re-introduction...

Thank you, it's nice to be back.

Back