Search results

1. R

SD70 M2 comparison

I also wonder if you are leaning toward the difference in radio antenna between the model and prototype. The round one on the model is the same that BNSF and UP use. As the long one on the prototype, I am not familiar on NS, not sure if that is a new design they just started using or not.
  2. R

Amtrack help...

Exactly, Jim. Fun is the name of the game here, and what ever works for you is all that matters. I normally would have pointed that out in my posts about non-proto things, I must have missed it this time. Amtrak is surprisingly fun to model, as I also have been bit by the Amtrak bug, and...
  3. R

Amtrack help...

Well, unfortunately to say, that set is completely fictional. Amtrak never had a paint scheme like that, nor did they ever have Alco Sharks in their possession. Even from all the cheap and donated equipment from all the railroads at inception. This would be something to decide if you like...
  4. R

A few photos from the CP Rail M & M Sub.

I know, RIGHT!? I had one of those P2K SD60s.... it met an unwelcome demise, no- it did not hit the floor- and no- it was not destroyed in any way... that I really dont want to get in to... BUT, yes, I hope to get in to the painting/decaling/weathering department nearly as good looking as...
  5. R

My inherited disaster...and legacy!

That is an Athearn bb sd40-2, patched as a leaser FURX. pictures were posted about/of them in another thread, and there was a request of seeing the ditch lights on. Might put the link in that thread too, although old, as maybe not the one that wanted to see it, will see it here.
  6. R

Haha, yeah, I was streached out at arms length to run the power pack and to get that view I wanted, at the same time :D I will play around some more, and get better ones.
  7. R

Was playing around with my new Iphone... http://youtu.be/HPjRk6aLN2c
  8. R

Railroad Slang Terms & Their Meanings!

Nobody has mentioned "The Real McKoy" phrase. Referring to McKoy oilers used on steam engines, and the fact that they were copied by others but did not work nearly as well. The phrase came about as to making sure they had, or were getting a REAL McKoy oiler, and not a knock-off.
  9. R

Favorite Train Movie Criticing.

The new thing I am addicted to, is not a movie, but involves a railroad... Hell on Wheels, on AMC. Centered around the "owner" I guess, of the UP, and a mobile camp during the building of the continental railroad. Not much ACTUALLY involving the trains themselves.... but very good show...
  10. R

Let the collecting addiction begin

I really do not mean to be hijacking right now, but that is the most UN-natural sounding steam engine I have ever heard, with that underlying 3rd cylinder! :eek: K, I am done now :)
  11. R

I couldn't get EXACT with too much stuff on the table, and not a long enough tape measure handy... but room is around 23' x 9'
  12. R

The slide date is June 1, '72, and no clue on how long it stayed on there. On that note, when I finally get to painting/decaling, there is another "one-off" I really want to do. I don't have the picture of it, and would take me quite a while to find the right VHS to get a screen grab, but we...
  13. R

At that point in time, I wouldn't rule that out :rolleyes:
  14. R

There we go. And it IS proto! :D It is a brass model, and the horn is wrong, and the decals are yellowed, but still looks good.
  15. R

nope, nope, nope, and lol, I have culled the herd slightly already :) you can see it in the first picture only...not any of the others.
  16. R

It should be pretty easy to spot... hehehe :p P.S. On a side note, only 3 of that entire group are repeating numbers
  17. R

Alright, I had said I was going to post a teaser of a couple things until I found a couple more pieces. But after taking the pics, I had to locate my cable for my camera.(the one I am using for my camera, is actually for my portable hard drive) Well, I remembered where I put the last couple...
  18. R

OK, as of right now, My little yard looks like an engine facility that would rival Alliance, NE ( including EVERYTHING from 1970 to 1994!) I have not taken any pictures YET, since there are 3 more things that I cannot remember where I put since the first time I took pictures of them. And...
  19. R

New paint jobs

Those look really good. I hope to be able to paint this well when i finally get an airbrush (and pump/tank thats not 35 years old that is already here, and a booth made up)!!
  20. R

Is my thinking correct?

iirc, NP is somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 miles long... probably from yard lead/control point to the same on the other end.

Back