Search results

1. 4

I hated to do it

Sounds like something I would do! haha I have two of the gold UP units as well - will probably end up on Evil Bay...
  2. 4

D&RGW Platte Canyon Subdivision

yup - I totally agree, that photo is awesome!! GM - Glad to see you posting AND modeling again
  3. 4

Starting the new layout!

July 2010 - Ethanol: An industry you can model By Detlef Kurpanek Add this modern plant to your layout I know this isnt the article I remember, I'm still looking -
  4. 4

Starting the new layout!

Ron, no luck in finding that article. We moved back in April and half my stuff (okay MOST of it) is still packed, including magazines. I'll spend a bit looking again today. I thinkI might be better off searching on MR's site.. The scenery is the cool part, watching it all come to life. And...
  5. 4

Starting the new layout!

Saw the clip on YouTube, ya did a good job on the transformation. Can't wait to see more. Oh as a side note IIRC Model Railroader did a article on refineries some time back. Ill dig thru my collection and see if I can locate the article.
  6. 4

Aerial Photo Tour: RJ Corman Sand Train

Ive seen the RJC sand train quite a bit, would love to be able to follow it and get Photos too - Just never seem to have the time. I have a few friends that used to truck the sand in before RJC started hauling it, when diesel got to be so expensive, it was just more cost effective to pull it...
  7. 4

FORD Auto Module

Ya might send a email off to MR and inquire about em. I dont subscribe, but do have first hand knowledge inside and out of the local toyota Plant. Im sure Ford Operates in much the same Way.. Youll be needing lots of Containers and Dropped trailers, along with a couple Yard trucks to move em...
  8. 4

Starting the new layout!

Youve done a great job, and your kitbashed Hotel project looked like it'll be pretty neat too. A+++
  9. 4

UP 4141 in North Little Rock,AR

Sweet pics!
  10. 4

Cheaper Creeper?

I dont think itd be that hard to build, if a had the Welder, and other metal working tools.. If I can build a catering Trailer, and restore cars... building one of those wouldnt be terribly hard.
  11. 4

Cop gets car stuck on tracks during pursuit

Seen it before too - I agree, he got a few days off for that screw up! Least nobody got hurt..
  12. 4

Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) Meet: Dec 6

Wow...Great Photos!! One of these times I'll make the drive down...Looks like it'll be WELL worth the trip!
  13. 4

Alabama Rail Gang (ARG) Meet: Dec 6

Yep - cant wait to see pictures!
  14. 4

Weekend Photo Fun 12-5/12-8

We had a guy some years ago that was running drugs down some back roads in a flat black lambo.. drove totally blacked out, using night vision goggles - took the State Police awhile to catch him thou, cause he kept doing the same thing - Theyd hit the lights, hed run off and leave em, but...the...
  15. 4

Weekend Photo Fun 12-5/12-8

I'd rather have the GT to the right of it.. Great shots everybody - maybe next weekend I'll have my camera back and can contribute
  16. 4

Begginer with an HO lay out

Your off to a good start - keep up the progress and before you know it you'll be adding scenery
  17. 4

Starting the new layout!

Wow... thats a nice lookin tower... always thought those wood kits would be too hard
  18. 4

Engine Terminal build

Very nice setup! Its coming along nicely, steadily... Def. Two thumbs up from me!!
  19. 4

Starting the new layout!

hey Ron, any new progress??? Ive just done a bit of reading to catch up with what youve been doing over the warmer months (while im off the forum) and gotta say that Im pretty impressed with the progress.. so when ya gonna let us all head to your dads for a operating session.. It really is...
  20. 4

Ideas wanted for making a highway

I went the posterboard route, looked at the F/S signs that WM has.. just couldnt spend THAT much $$ on something that might not work.. thought id try the posterboard its Cheaper. Gotta say that other than being a little too thin, I'm pretty impressed with it. I'll get some pics later tonite...

Back