Search results

1. F

Need some help RPP SD38

Ok so I have some issues. I have a RPP SD38 Shell & Frame: 1. Where and what trucks should I use? 2. Where and what motor can/should I use? 3. Where can I get hand rails for it? Thanks Tim
  2. F

Need Help, ID, Repowering, ETC

Hi Guys & Gals. Finally getting around to going through all my grandfathers HO Stuff (Lots of old Rivarossi Steam, Athearn BB & Atlas Locos). Have this old Atlas (Id Help Needed GP-?? Yellow Box, Newer, Older?):confused: Locomotive, and have some questions. 1. Can it be re-powered (If so what...
  3. F

Another WTH Ebay Moment

I saw this today.... What is this person smoking? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MoW-Boley-NEW-WHITE-Utility-Bucket-Truck-1-87-MIB-/290747868719?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item43b1ec662f
  4. F

TTX Yellow

Is there an actual TTX Yellow Paint on the market? or something close?:confused:
  5. F

SD38 v SD38P

Can anyone tell me the difference between a SD38 & SD38P? Thanks Tim
  6. F

ID Help Needed

I recently found these in a box of misc junk. Hoping to find out what type of locos they go to/are for. Bachmann Frame Athearn Frame Unkn Santa Fe Shell
  7. F

Look Familiar?

Well I certainly didnt see this coming.... Sure be nice to have the bucket trucks.... http://1-87vehicles.org/New%20Products/walthers_scenemaster_announce_20120310.php
  8. F

Things you wish they'd re-release.

So I been thinking lately of things I wish manufactures would re-release because I missed out on them. Here's my list... what on yours.... 1. Walthers Maintenance Trains Sets 1 & 2. 2. Walthers 6 Pack 100 Ton Hopper Kits 3. Various Walther Cornerstone Building Kits.
  9. F

911....Burned up loco need help.

Need some help here. I have several Athearn RTR/KATO DCC equipped(with NCE decoders) locos. It was my impression that even with dcc decoders in they should run on DC? Well I went to test one and it ran fine for 3ft I stopped it ran it back the other way and it started puffing smoke!:mad: I...
  10. F

Waybills

I'm Curious. Does anyone use them on your layout? What do you make them with? I'm looking for examples. Thanks Tim
  11. F

Need Some Help/Advice

Hi Guys, I need some help. I recently acquired a family friend locomotive collection. Most of which I have no interest in due to it being mostly western railroads (BNSF, SP, SF, MRL [From KATO, Athearn BB, RTR, & Genesis]). I’m more than likely going to be off loading them, however most...
  12. F

Your Wookbench/Work Shop

Please delete Please DELETE. Found a already made thread....
  13. F

Is the paint no good?

Need some help here. :confused: I bought a thing of Floquil D&H Grey paint for a project yesterday. I shook it by hand for a good 5-7min open it up and it looks "Fizzy" so i take a long skewer stick it in and theirs a mound of I'm guessing the pigment clumped in the jar. So i break it up stir...
  14. F

Help me ID this Shell

Can someone identify this shell for me? I received it in the mail today. It says a GP38-2 but doesn't look like the other GP38-2's I have. Thanks Tim
  15. F

Walthers GP9M Question

So I found one like this in the bottom of my Train Storage box (mines CSX #650). Totally forgot I had it. My questions is, is this a legit csx locomotive at some point? 650 now days is a CW44AC. If its not a legit locomotive is the model GP9M correct? Thanks Tim
  16. F

Removing Athearn BB Paint

I bought a Athearn BB EL GP35 and want to remove the paint. Can someone give me some ideas what to use to strip the paint? or should I primer over it and paint from their? Thanks Tim
  17. F

GPSX Paint Color

Does anyone know of anyplace that sells a Thing of paint that closely Matches the Georgia Pacific Pulpwood cars from Walthers? or what would be a correct color for a "Fictitious G-P Loco"? Thanks Tim
  18. F

Log to woodchip facility

Does anyone make a "Chipping Facility" that takes in Logs and Sends them out as Wood Chips? 'Ive seen wood chip loaders and the paper mills that all use the wood chips but I haven't seen a building that creates the wood chips. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks Tim
  19. F

Georgia Pacific Locomotives?

Does anyone know if the Georgia Pacific (GPSX) company has any locomotives of their own at any of their facilities? If so what are they? Thanks Tim
  20. F

Logging Vehicles

I'm looking for info as to where i might be able to find HO Scale Logging Vehicles such as Loaders with a Grapple on the front for unloading/loading vehicles/train cars. Also some HO Logging Trucks. I'm having a tough time finding any. Thanks Tim

Back