Search results

1. skyliner

Looking for a manual for a Legacy K-Line F7 loco

I'm not an O-scaler, but hoping someone here might be able to help. I recently purchased a K-Line F7 set (K-25431) as a gift for a friend who's getting back into the hobby. Unfortunately, it did not come with a manual, and I'd like to include one when I give it to him. Does anyone have a copy...
  2. skyliner

DH165 Board and Multi-Pin Headlights

At a local show the other weekend, one seller had an Atlas Silver MP15DC labeled "ask about it." I did, and it turned out he had started to convert it to DCC + sound, but stopped midway. I got it for a good price, but now I have to figure out whether I can complete the DCC install myself or not...
  3. skyliner

Railroad Map Acquisition

Thought I'd share this for anyone interested in maps. I recently acquired this map from a colleague, it's from the American Map Corporation, and is fairly large at over five feet wide. There is no date on it that I can find, but my guess is mid-1960s based on some of the railroads shown-- it has...
  4. skyliner

Intermountain SP Cab Forward Run Status?

At some point, I decided I would get an SP Cab Forward (probably when I first saw the only remaining one at the CSRR Museum many years ago). My preference is for a later version, AC-10/11/12. I passed on the earlier Intermountain runs when I heard they had some teething problems, but I think...
  5. skyliner

Anyone been to a WGH show? Worth it?

So I just noticed that the World's Greatest Hobby tour is in St. Paul this weekend. I almost missed it, as I usually keep track of local shows through local dealer websites and their lists of shows they will be attending; as you can imagine, I'm guessing small dealers won't be at this show...
  6. skyliner

Soundtraxx ECO-21PNEM and no sound

I recently picked up a pair of Soundtraxx Econami series ECO-21PNEM decoders to install in a couple Fox Valley GP-60M's. I already had two of the same locomotives with their full Tsunami decoders that I installed, so I was curious to see how close their ECO's were and whether the cost savings...
  7. skyliner

DCC Circuit Protectors and the NCE CP6

Hello all, let me see if I can take a long story and make it shorter-- HO 13' x 18' layout, DCC using NCE's Powercab, roughly 200' of code 83 track. I recently came to the realization that this is now a "temporary" layout, as I will (probably) be moving in the next couple years. Thus, my plan is...
  8. skyliner

Score! ...Train show find

So this past weekend I wandered up to the fairgrounds where one of the local museums was sponsoring a train show. Pretty good selection of supplies, cars, memorabilia, and more. There were several layouts on display as well. I ended up with a few cars (they had some plain GSC flats that I'd been...
  9. skyliner

Phoenix/Tucson Hobby Shops et al?

Hello all, I've decided to take a few days to head south and warm up, and explore a little of Saguaro National Park. I'm planning on flying into Phoenix and driving down to Tucson. Are there any hobby shops in either of those cities, or in between, that you all recommend? Also, any museums...
  10. skyliner

Anyone opened up an HO P2K/Walthers 0-8-0?

Hey all, I recently found a shop that still had a new HO Walthers/P2K Heritage 0-8-0 in stock, so I jumped on it. The loco is very nice, decent sound, and runs pretty well--but is just a little jerky mostly at low speeds. I'd like to get inside and check the worm gears and lubricate if necessary...
  11. skyliner

15' x 13' Plan Mk 2 Comments or Suggestions

Hey all, so I scrapped the spaghetti bowl plan I first floated here some months ago, and have come up with the following. It's not an exact plan regarding dimensions, curves, and clearances, think of it more as a general concept for the time being. For example, I didn't mean to leave only 4"...
  12. skyliner

Another "Design my Layout" thread?!

Hi everyone, I need a layout designed for me. OK, GO! Just kidding. So I joined here a couple years ago and had planned on being more active both on this forum, and on working on a layout. I just haven't managed to find the time since then, but am working on remedying that starting now. For...
  13. skyliner

"Hi"ghball from Minneapolis

Greetings everyone, Thought I'd take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. I've been watching these forums for some time, but finally decided to register recently. I'm in the south suburbs of the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, although I've only lived here for a few years. I grew up in the...

Back