Search results

1. B

Double crossover or this...

Can any of you fine gentlemen/gentlewomen forsee any problems with this set up for a crossover? I know that this is much more prototypical than a double-crossover. However, I am worried it might cause problems, they are Walthers #6 if you are wondering. The green tape at the bottom of the...
  2. B

Mountain rock formations

What technique would you guys recommend I use on this mountain to get good looking rock formations that I want to paint/scenic. I want it to look like a rock cut that has been made to accomodate the rail line through the mountain. Canadian rockies is what I'm going for. Could you please post...
  3. B

Soundtraxx decoder - Speed step 1 = full throttle

Has anyone ever had a Soundtraxx Tsunami decoder accelerate to full speed in both forward and reverse when the throttle is increased from 0 to speed step 1? Everything else like the lights and sounds work fine. I have a Digitrax Super Empire Builder and the locomotive is an Intermountian...
  4. B

Flux

What kind of flux would you recommend for sodering: A) Electronics B) Track joints Or is there one flux that covers the entire model railroading spectrum.
  5. B

Track transition curves

Have any of you modern railway guys ever expirimented with implementing track transition curves on your layouts. Like on the prototype railways? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_transition_curve I would like to try this on my layout that I am building but maybe it is a bad idea? I like how...
  6. B

B.A rail - no longer just an idea

Construction began today, thanks for all the advice and words of wisdom from you guys. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=179
  7. B

A grade question.

So I have decided on a HO track plan and today I picked up all the materials for my bench work. My track plan (walk in water wings) and the space in my basement I have to work with is going to require me to have trains ascending/descending a 2% grade around a 23" curve radius (I know its tight...
  8. B

Recommended curve radius

What would your minimum curve radius be on a layout where you do not want restrictions on what kind/size of rolling stock and locomotives you run? I am trying to decide how big to build the tables for my new layout. I will have roughly the equal of two 4x8 areas in the shape of an L. In...

Back