Search results

1. L

Western scratch build

Real nice scratch build. Especially the architectural detailing.
  2. L

Some Industrial Building ideas

Really enjoyed the pics on your site ( s840-Freshcylinder Site). Great collection.
  3. L

Philney Coal & Coke

The two items are 2 x 12 oz frozen orange juice containers and brown paper bag (shingles). Other parts were fishing line, cardboard/styrene (coal chutes) and strip wood. Some commercial parts were included: seagulls, ornamental metal roof work and finial. Toilet paper rolls were not wide...
  4. L

Philney Coal & Coke

This is a scratch built structure in 1:87 that I built many years ago. It could use some rehabbing and better detailing but it proves the point that structures can be built with some common household items. Can you guess what the item is?
  5. L

Lou's Gas and Repairs

Thanks fellas. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
  6. L

Lou's Gas and Repairs

Thanks Willis - I got it (I think).:):):)
  7. L

Lou's Gas and Repairs

Last pic.
  8. L

Lou's Gas and Repairs

This is a scratch build in HO. Comments welcome.
  9. L

Lou's Gas and Repairs

Here is the promised pic. A scratch build in HO.
  10. L

Lou's Gas & Repairs

Here is a scratch build in HO that is now part of a large diorama. First two pics below:
  11. L

Keystone Loco Bandsaw Mill

Beautiful job. This is going to be a winner when you are done.
  12. L

Hello from Chi-town

Thanks fellas. Hi Gary. I'm sure we've run past each other at hobby shops and shows in Chicago. Michael - it is so windy that when you talk, the wind blows the words away before anyone hears them so we have to text everything.
  13. L

ATTENTION: Chicago "L" Modelers

Mark: Nice website and great work on the locos.:D:D:D
  14. L

Hello from Chi-town

Hello All I've been modeling a long time but do not have a train layout. I'm primarily interested in scratch building and kitbashing old structures. Although in the past I have built several railroad related models. I'm glad to be part of this RR community and look forward to participating.
  15. L

Photo Diorama you can make

I really like it and BTW: great pics.
  16. L

Paper brick sheets.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new here and just getting my feet wet so I haven't shown my own work yet. But what I do is make brick paper using my own digital photos. It takes some experimenting but it can look pretty realistic. I'll go back and give it another try.
  17. L

ATTENTION: Chicago "L" Modelers

Looks interesting but it's a whole other hobby. And they are so small?????
  18. L

Some Industrial Building ideas

Thanks so much for this great thread. Some great prototype ideas here.
  19. L

Paper brick sheets.

Thanks for the tip. But I took a look and the screen shots were not in focus - there was very little definition in the brick work. I didn't want to waste ink by printing it out. Did anybody actually download it?

Back