Search results

1. R

Digitrax help sought.

I am sure whether my first attempt to post this worked or not... My Digitrax system for some reason doesn't seem to be functioning properly suddenly. The lights are all on, on the front of the Digitrax controller, but I do not seem to be getting any power to the tracks any more. The system...
  2. R

Beacon Light wiring for DCC

Hello, I am beginning my first DCC wiring in an engine. It seems pretty straight forward, especially if I had a DCC system that operates additional functions beyond lighting, such as any of the Digitrax systems. But, I have an old MRC Command 2000 system that works perfectly fine, but does not...
  3. R

Athearn parts question

Will an Athearn RTR shell fit on an Athearn BB frame and running gears? If not, which frames and running gears will an Athearn RTR SD40-2 shell fit on? I am thinking of a project which includes an Athearn RTR SD40-2 shell. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  4. R

MRC Command 2000 Manual

Hello, I misplaced my copies of the Command 2000 user manual and my manual for the walk around throttle. So, I am having a difficultly programming my engines and using more than one or two in a consist. Can anyone help me out by directing me to a website that has digital copies of these, or if...
  5. R

DCC Reversing loop help please

Hi, I have built an HO scale layout that looks some what like the ruff sketch I am attaching. I have one functioning reversing loop at this time. I know that I have at least one, if not two additional reversing loops because of shorts I am experiencing. Please help me identify the additional...
  6. R

Peco Table top switch wiring

I have seen many wiring schematics (sp?) (pictures) for how to wire Peco switches to their table top switch motor. They are very different from the old Tyco, model power or atlas switches. I have been told that I can use an Atlas switch control box #56 to control the Peco table top switche...
  7. R

Replacement LEDs for Proto 2000 models

I am in the process of installing DCC and replacing the light bulbs in my Proto 2000 engines. I have and want to use my LED lights for this. I know I need to use resisters, but I don't know if the ones I have are good enough as I bought them on eBay to be used with 9V batteries. I am assuming...
  8. R

Servo motor for switching turnouts

Hi, I have a couple of turnouts that are in hard to get to places. I have thought that using a micro servo motor might work in these locations. I am not using a DCC system to control any of my switches. As a matter of fact, most of my switches are the old style side mount Atlas Model power...
  9. R

Table top turnout motors

Are there any table top or side mount switch motors that are strong enough and will switch a Peco turnout other than the Peco PL-11 sidemount switch motor? I am building a layout an the location of several of my turnouts can not be operated by an under the table turnout and there is no place to...
  10. R

Replace PL-10 toggle switch

I made an error. The topic should not be replace the PL-10 toggle switch, it is actually a PL-26. Sorry. I would like to use a toggle switch that is smaller than the Peco PL-26 toggle to switch my peco table top switch machine. Can anyone tell me what I can use from Radio Shack? Is this a...

Back