Search results

1. armyairforce

My Garden Railway Build - 1/1 Scale :-)

I haven't build a model railway for myself since 2007, though I did build one for a customer between 2010 and 2016. In early 2021, we moved house from Washington in the North East of England, about 10 miles south to Durham. There were several reasons for the move, but it resulted in a house with...
  2. armyairforce

A Day by the Seaham Coastal Line, North East England - March 27th 2023

A little over a week ago, I had another trip out to a local railway to do some photography and video. It was forecast to be good weather and I needed a day off from landscaping my own garden, where I'm building a garden railway - 1/1 scale! Yes, I'm building a fullsized railway in the garden...
  3. armyairforce

A Day by the East Coast Main Line, North East England - March 12th 2023

I've not done any rail modelling for some time, but on Sunday 12th March, I spent most of the day next to the East Coast Main Line in the North East of England. While I've visited several preserved railways over the last few years, it's been a long long time since I watched modern trains. I...
  4. armyairforce

The Equestria Railroad - My Daughter's OO9 scale "My Little Pony" Railroad.

A model railway is something I've talked about with my 6 year old daughter for a while now as she loves making things. She's enjoyed building several Airfix aircraft kits already, a Red Arrows Hawk ( which she started at 3 years 11 months ), Spitfire diorama, Snoopy Verses the Red Baron and a...
  5. armyairforce

New Life for a 33 Year Old Layout

This little layout was built by my dad and myself around 1980, and it was our first venture into N scale. The layout was named 'Little Carlton', for its small size and part of the street name where we lived. Partly through inexperience, and partly through impatience and perhaps laziness...
  6. armyairforce

'1943, Somewhere in England', N scale Monster Layout

Since getting back into railroading in 2005, I built three N scale layouts for myself. 'Dreamland' was the first on a 6 x 2ft board. 'Area 51' was next with a similar but enlarged track plan on an 8 x 2ft 6in board, both of which operated diesels. My last layout was 'Storage Depot 41, Kingman'...
  7. armyairforce

Storage Depot 41, Kingman, AZ. The Warbird Graveyard

'Kingman' was a layout I built between 2006-07 for exhibition use. It only saw one exhibition before my other hobbies demanded too much of my time, and it didn't see the light of day again. There wasn't the space in my workshop to set it up as I use that for business, so the layout was...
  8. armyairforce

'Area 51' Groom Lake, NV. My Old Layout

In 2005, I got back into railroading after a break of 23 years flying R/C aircraft. The layout was built for exhibitions, and measured 6 x 2 feet. It had two tracks, one simple oval and a figure eight with a helix to change track height in the limited space. It was a good practice after years...
  9. armyairforce

Hello from Armyairforce

Hi guys, I'm Steve Carr, new to the forum, but an old hand at all kinds of model making. I recognise a few members names from other forums ( one of the reasons for joining here ), and for those who may know me, I am 'B-17_Fortress' on another railroad forum, but trying now to stick with the...

Back