Search results

1. T

If you had to choose between...

If you had to choose between steel and brass track which would it be and why? (nickel siver isn't an option.) The reason I ask is beacause I just picked a bunch of track at a flea market. Don't worry it was cheap
  2. T

Fruit Growers Express

After consulting the internet I could find much on these cars except that they were leased. Were these boxcars found in the northeast often? This is what I presume is a Varney kit, but I may be Wrong (Most Likely)
  3. T

Wooden Green Passenger cars ID Needed

I bought these back in July at the LHS when I entered the hobby. My best guess is that they are Rivarossi kit builds. Any Clue on what these are. My guess is there is a combine and baggage car Thank you, John
  4. T

Help! Japanese 0-4-0 problem(s)

I recently acquired this little 0-4-0 presuming it was not running. Sure enough a gear is missing that transfers power from the motor to the wheels(problem 1) also the engine has no pickups for powering the motor(Problem 2). How should I approach this? I was thinking of using a tender of sorts...
  5. T

Scratch Built Trestle

Ive built this wonderfully out of scale Ho trestle Bridge. Although it is built I wanted to garnish it with some details. Any Ideas? My Cat and a New Haven Boxcar for Some Scale:)
  6. T

weathering wooden bridges

In my high school wood shop class I am building a wooden bridge for my ho layout. the trusses look like this :http://www.modelersdepot.com/katonscalesd70acebnsfswoosh9378-1-1-1-2-1-2-2-1-1-1-1-3-1-1-1-1-2-2-1-1-1-1-1-4-1-1-2.aspx I want to weather it to age it a bit. what techniques can i use...
  7. T

Minitrains in HOe

I bought 2 used sets of the original Mini trains sets. I also bought an egger-bahn set for mining of the same scale. Any hints on repair? None of the engines work. [Unless it counts when the Minitrains smoke and smell like burning plastic] but i think im just about fixed the egger bahn loco. I...
  8. T

hurricane irene

To those of you affected How is everyones layouts doing in such a storm. Are their any tips about keeping my basement layout above water.we live in massachusetts Keep safe those of you in new england getting hit right now ~John.
  9. T

Ebay Experiences

As a new modeler i have discovered eBay for cheap ho stuff. does anyone have tips for seeing if the item is junk? Also i'd love to hear some stories:)
  10. T

show us your logging layout

I wanted to do a logging layout but I dont no where to start. I was thinking of one or two scenes. Can someone post some pictures or give me some ideas. Thanks john
  11. T

has anyone ever built one of these kits?

It is a HO scale Logging Camp by Suncoast Models. I am just wondering what is in this kit or if it was worth building. the link is here.- http://www.1stplacehobbies.com/cgi-bin/p_690-3050_n.asp If not could anyone recommend a cheap logging camp similar to this...
  12. T

whats up with cats and model railroads

I don't mind my cat sitting on my unfinished layout but i'm worried about her being all clumsy Godzilla-cat when its finished (she's a bit clumsy) P.s. Do cats eat trees or foliage and will they derail rolling stock?
  13. T

Scratch built Logging Cars

I have decided to have a small branch line inside my main line made out of flex track I want a woodsy feel with lots of uneven curves connecting to my main line here's the loco and cars so far ,any tips on how to make them more realistic and better looking this is my first time scratch building...
  14. T

Wood and Cardboard HO NYC Boxcar

If anyone knows what this is could you tell me? The pictures are in the attachments. I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online

Back