Search results

1. A

Port Solway - England in 1905

Here are some photographs of the Port Solway layout of the Newcastle & District Model Railway Society in England. The layout is set in Northern England around 1905 and is built to Scalefour standards (1/76; 4mm to foot; 18.83mm gauge). This scale/guage is usually only found in Britain The...
  2. A

Hannah - H0 Layout - The baseboards

Progress has been very slow on my H0 layout, originally given the working title "Hannah", which has stuck, but progress it is. This is a sectional layout, six sections in all, which fit together to make a hexagon. The sectional nature of the layout has saved it a few times as when the need has...
  3. A

Ditch Lights - Front Only or Front and Rear?

Is there any guidelines as to whether US locos have ditch lights on the front only or whether they have them on the front and rear? Does this vary between operating/owning company? Is it on the basis of the locos typical duties e.g. likely to be used on local services (with one loco)? I am...
  4. A

H0 BNSF Dash 9 - Advice Needed

I was wanting to build an H0 BNSF Dash 9 and have noticed that there are two possible contenders as a basis for this loco - Kato or Athearn. The only versions that I have come across from either manufacturer have two and a half cab side windows however most BNSF Dash 9s appear to have four cab...
  5. A

Introducing Myself

Hi there - I am a railroad modeler from North East England and have been modeling US outline for a number of years. I started building a switching layout some time ago and progress has been slow, although progressively moving forward, and is built on six boards in order to be transportable to...

Back