Search results

1. otiscnj

Board Games

Wondering how many people out there have the old Avalon Hill game Rail Barron? Or Mayfair games Empire Builder, Euro Rails, or Japan Rails?
  2. otiscnj

Entertrainment Jct., Ohio

Has anyone been to Entertrainment Jct., in Ohio, north of Cincinatti? I was there about 2 weeks ago. Very impressive layout. Here are some photos from my visit. I'll be uploading them over the next couple of days. sign outside. Car visible on the interstate. Abriviated map of...
  3. otiscnj

Loco kit bash

Does anyone know if a semi-scale GG-1 shell will fit on a trainmaster chassis? Thanks in advance.
  4. otiscnj

melted black wire track

I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem I'm having wiring up my layout. Using Lionel Fastrack. Red wire to center rail, black to 1 outer rail track configuration is 'figure 8, with 90 degree crossing piece, divided into 2 blocks. ZW transformer Problem: When train enters 2nd block...
  5. otiscnj

Parking Garage

I've been contemplating having a parking garage to two on my Philly & Scranton layout in perhaps Reading, at the Franklin St. Station, and maybe Wilkes Barre, on the layout. I've considered the Vollmer kit (HO), as well as doing something with the Bachmann false front parking garage, but the...
  6. otiscnj

GE EF/P 3/4 or Brazilian V-8

The photos attached are of the GE EF/P 3/4(made for the NH in the 30's), or what in Brazil is known as a V-8 model. Its an HO model made by Fratchsi(spelling) in Brazil. The paint scheme is from an earlier layout, which I may or may not use on my currently under construction Philly & Scranton...
  7. otiscnj

Monthly Photo Fun - November 2016

Well, I've never started one of these threads before, however I always enjoy seeing how finished everybody else's layouts are. Inspiring, if nothing else. So, having said that, below are a couple of photos of my current HO layout under construction, 'The Philadelphia & Scranton; A Branch of...
  8. otiscnj

Amish International Speedway, Perryville, MD.

Plan to post some photos in the next couple of days on this layout I'm working on in 'O/027,' using Fastrack and the older Lionel Tubular Rail. Layout constructed on a base of hollow core doors. Stay tunned. Amish Speedway utilizes SCX 1:43 racetrack. Focus of the equipment is PRR, mostly...
  9. otiscnj

O seated people?

I recently picked up a passenger train that has interior details, and am looking to add some passengers to the cars. Does anyone manufacture seated people these days? I remember seeing the people who made the 'Beep' line of equipment also had some people on a card. Thanks in advance.
  10. otiscnj

E33: Lionel or MTH/Railking?

Hi Everyone, I'm wondering which would have more pulling power, and to scale with my other mostly Lionel equipment. I know the Lionel version has B trucks, instead of the correct C trucks. I don't know if one comes with a single motor vs dual motors. My collection is predominantly Lionel...
  11. otiscnj

NMRA Membership?

How many people here are NMRA members? Are you a member of the Layout Design SIG? How old are you? How long have you been a member? Why did you join, or not join?
  12. otiscnj

O gauge/O scale

I've been looking at Lionel/MTH vs Williams models recently. They don't seem to be the same 'scale.' Are Williams 3 rail 1/4 scale and Lionel/MTH 17/64s? Williams seem much large than the Lionel/MTH versions of things. Thanks in advance.
  13. otiscnj

North Bennington, VT

Years ago, I got a painting of this station at a store in my local mall. Back on Veteran's Day weekend, we visited Bennington, VT, so this was my 'prefered stop,' along the way. I have a few more photos of the immediate area, which I could post, if anyone is interested.
  14. otiscnj

Atlas N scale signals?

Does anyone know of a source of Atlas N scale signals? I'm particularly intersted in the 3 light over 3 light, 'G' Type, + the detector, and Signal Control Boards. I've had the signal control boards on order for over a year, and nothing so far. Thanks, Carl
  15. otiscnj

Proper Yard modeling

Ok, maybe I'll regret starting this thread, but what's life without a little bit of excitement, right? Feel free to jump in and ride this shark! So, for the sake of those with a need to know: 1) what is the proper method (i.e. track layout, etc), to model a yard, on a model railroad? 2)Is it...
  16. otiscnj

Recommendations for Reading Term. Shed?

I'm considering building a model of the Reading Terminal shed, in Philly. It was in operation from 1893-1984. Today its part of the PA Convention Center, in Center City. It had 13 tracks I believe, my version will be about 2' wide, and include 10 tracks. Does anyone have any recommendations...
  17. otiscnj

Construction of the Philly & Scranton

Figured I'd start this thread with a copy of the trackplan I'm starting to build. Up to now, I've been focused on coming up with the trackplan for the Philly & Scranton, which I envision as a branch of the North East Corridor. I've mocked up at full scale some of the locations shown on the plan...
  18. otiscnj

NJ March club shows

In case you will be in the northern NJ area over the next several weekends, you might check out the New York Society of Model Engineers, in Carlsadt, or The Garden State Northern, in North Hadelon,just west of Paterson. The clubs charge a nominal entrance fee. They are open a few hours on Friday...
  19. otiscnj

O electric locomotives?

Got a number of questions regarding O electric locomotives these days, specifically regarding Williams, vs MTH, vs Lionel. I'm looking at purchasing and EP-5 and an EF-4 or E-33, and wondering who makes a better model, in terms of pulling power, etc. Some models have 2 motors, others have...
  20. otiscnj

Track?

I'm considering building a decent or large sized layout, with 3 rail track. Any recommendations regarding which track is the most reliable, and realistic? Same goes for switches. Is availability an issue these days?

Back