Search results

1. V

HO Scale Vertical Staging Yard

Well here it is in action! We are still in prototyping / test mode but the control and mechanics work so far! I need to get the lasers built and the track installed. Also some alignment adjustments but so far it looks like it’s going to work!! https://youtu.be/D-P2qOli6tE Sent from my...
  2. V

Progress continues. I have modified my mounting by cutting the eye bolts open so I can skip the S hooks, which gives a little more clearance at the top end. Likewise I moved the electrical cable that ran behind the elevator down lower and got an 18” of room for the counterweights and an extra...
  3. V

John, great ideas and questions. I went with your bricks - thanks! $20 at 3.4ibs per brick. The linear actuator has a position driven potentiometer. It appears repeatable. Hopefully within acceptable tolerance. Once I get it connected to the elevator I will know. The controller is...
  4. V

I will look for those. I spoke with a metal dealer who can cut bars of 1/2” steel that I could use. So I have one source at least Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. V

While not painted fully, I got it mounted on the wall. It weighs ... 80 lbs empty. Slightly more than I had anticipated... Now I need to find 40 pound counterweights! The pipe clamps don’t cut it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. V

I’m going to use a linear actuator to move it and hopefully it will sit peacefully at each level without a solenoid to lock it. I am planning on counterweighting it to offset the weight which isn’t insignificant. The plus will be that each train shouldn’t make it move! Sent from my iPhone...
  7. V

Here is the completed carriage. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. V

Made a lot of progress this weekend. The elevator carriage is complete! I drilled the ends of the floors for my laser detector beams - figured that it would be impossible once assembled. Added the shelves using spacer blocks. It’s overbuilt but was simple to assemble. Next step is the...
  9. V

Thanks Willie! Looking forward to breaking ground on this project! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. V

Hello everyone! I wanted to share an upcoming project, solicit advice and share progress along the way. I am building an 8 foot long, 4 foot high staging elevator with about 10 tracks to store trains. It will be lifted by a dc linear actuator controlled by an Arduino. Riding on 8 foot long...

Back