Search results

1. TRAINFAN9510

Combining 2 favorite hobbies

Obviously I/we (girlfriend) love model railroading or we wouldnt belong to this forum lol. Like many of you model railroading is just one of many fun hobbies we have. Another favorite hobby of ours is video games, in particular, the Halo franchise for the xbox 360. The other day at Target I...
  2. TRAINFAN9510

LED lighting question

Alright guys, after much searching on the internet that has only confused me further, I need some opinions on how to light our airport. The airport is in 2 sections, with about 15 or so LED's per section. My goal is to have a batter pack (using AA batteries) and a switch to turn them on and off...
  3. TRAINFAN9510

Talk about tiny!

On youtube again watchin different things, and came across this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXYdzH0DKA I was confused when he said it was z scale at first, since it is clearly not. What he meant to say, is that it is 1/220 the scale of an N scale layout.
  4. TRAINFAN9510

And this is why kids get killed....

Are these kids stupid??? Watchin a bunch of train videos on youtube tonight, and came across this one. It kinda pissed me off how little respect they showed for the railroad. I was amazed they stood that close for one, not to mention clearly trespassing on the rails, and probably making the...
  5. TRAINFAN9510

Looking for crazy 8's aka CSX 8888

Ok im trying to hunt down crazy 8's, aka, CSX sd40-2 road number 8888 in HO scale. This is the runaway train that inspired the movie Unstoppable. Reason is, is that I used to live real close to kenton (where the runaway train finally came to a stop) and I think it would be really cool to have...
  6. TRAINFAN9510

A&D Railroad (Our new layout)

Now that we are getting settled into our new house, its time to start construction of our new layout! Below is a quick AutoCad sketch of our idea. It will be a 18'x16'x16' layout with about a 96' mainline run. The green represents proposed track, the red is benchwork, and the purple is proposed...
  7. TRAINFAN9510

Track dead spots caused by turnouts

Ok here it goes. I am new to the whole DCC track and wiring situation (I used to just have bachmann DCC turnouts). We just recently overhauled our old layout and put in Peco insulfrog turnouts everywhere (7 total of left and right hand, and 1 3 way turnout) (I went with insulfrog because I read...
  8. TRAINFAN9510

WE HONEST on ebay

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a company I found that really impresses me, and saves me ALOT of money. Go to ebay and search wehonest_cn. I know money can be tight, so I figured I would share my find. They seem to sell mostly scenery items. For instance I got 110 trees ranging from 2-4...
  9. TRAINFAN9510

Airport?

Hello all! I love flying (Im a private pilot) as much as I love railfanning and model trains, so in a discussion with my better half one night as we were working on our current layout brought me to start to build an airport! Ill post some pics when I get it closer to done, but as of now its...
  10. TRAINFAN9510

Alternating ditch lights?

Im looking to buy a new DCC sound equipped loco, but I am looking for ones that have alternating ditch lights when the horn is blown. I know MTH makes some that do (I own one), but im not sure if I want to go with them again...so do any of you know of any other company that makes engines this...

Back