Search results

1. TRAINFAN9510

Grade crossing with a difference

That is the way it should be done. The runway in the video I think was private owned and it just had a painted "stop" on the road that crossed it. There is one runway, I forget where, on the top 10 most extreme airports that actually has a small highway running through it lol
  2. TRAINFAN9510

mth big boy delivery moved back to.....

holy cow! I guess this isnt unheard of from MTH but you have been waiting since 2011? Did you prepay?
  3. TRAINFAN9510

Yeah train vs plane would definitely be something that I would want to avoid. It sort of reminds me of this video, while not as extreme as a train it still sends a message to pilots to be alert at all times. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz67sRdCUo0
  4. TRAINFAN9510

A Good Friday

Lookin good! I like the Amtrak train and station. I need to clean up our benchwork too and get some work done to it (it is currently covered in our Lego projects at the moment lol)
  5. TRAINFAN9510

This is pretty sweet! It combines my 2 favorite hobbies. I would love to fly into that airport, but I dont think the single engine Diamond I fly could make it across the sea lol
  6. TRAINFAN9510

finally got my BIG BOY BACK

Lookin good! Our layout radii cant really support a big boy or else I would be hunting one down. I have been hoping to maybe find a damaged one for cheap that I can put on display as a park scene, but no luck so far.
  7. TRAINFAN9510

Amtrak!

I feel kinda dumb not doing a search of that after I found out there was more than one lol, but thanks for the info
  8. TRAINFAN9510

MTH Ho Trains

Oh man, doesnt that just burn you up when you send something in to get repaired and they send it back saying, "its fine dude, you must not know what you are talking about". Why would they think people would waste their precious time sending away one of their possessions if nothing is wrong with...
  9. TRAINFAN9510

Amtrak!

I went to do a quick google earth search for ya, but it seems that there is about 9 different Beech Groves in the US in different states lol. So if he can give you a state Ill let ya know, or just mapquest it.
  10. TRAINFAN9510

Amtrak!

Thanks again for the info! I was just wondering because I am a fan of how the walthers ones look (ooooh shiny) compared to the katos in your other post. And yeah it seems that you can NEVER get good walthers products when you want them, they are always sold out! Do they not realize that more...
  11. TRAINFAN9510

Amtrak!

Yes it does! haha, that is basically the conclusion I was coming too but its good to have a solid answer. Thanks for the product info too! I will be checking out those Kato's and start hunting the locos on ebay soon. What is wrong with the walther ones?
  12. TRAINFAN9510

WPF 03/22 to 03/28

Nice work guys! @Markdeimling, what material do you use for your parking lot?
  13. TRAINFAN9510

Amtrak!

Im officially jealous lol. Nice collection! What phases are those cars? We are doing a modern layout with an Amtrak station and I have been looking at some cars, but am getting sort of confused. Are the newest engines the phase V's, and the cars IV B's, or do they have phase V cars now?
  14. TRAINFAN9510

Hi From Lima Ohio

You can post here, but if there are a bunch some people use flickr and link us to their album.
  15. TRAINFAN9510

getting back into the hobby again

Welcome to the forum and the hobby again! I will do my best to answer some of these, but some members will surely be able to help more than me. 1) If the older stuff is DC and you have a DCC system, you can but it is not recommended. Power to the track is constant with DCC, thus your DC engines...
  16. TRAINFAN9510

Pictures from inside the CSX engine

Nice video! What caused the derailment?
  17. TRAINFAN9510

Another Ebay moment

Yeah its a shame the kind of people they let on eBay sometimes. I have had my fair share of problems that is for sure. Thankfully eBay has always sided with me.
  18. TRAINFAN9510

Another Ebay moment

Did you see the description? Sounds like this guy has had some crappy luck with bidders.
  19. TRAINFAN9510

Hi From Lima Ohio

We are all pretty honest on here, so I would say your best bet to find out the worth is to post some pictures of the structures he gave you, and we can do our best to let you know what we would pay/what they would be worth. Between all of us on here we have a pretty good idea of what things are...
  20. TRAINFAN9510

Hi From Lima Ohio

Hello neighbor and welcome to the forums! Me and the gf have been to Lima plenty of times (her parents live in indian lake so we venture up that way time to time), and have visited the club there (I cannot remember the name however), is he affiliated with them at all? I would love to see some of...

Back