Search results

1. kevnbety

Best masking tape?

Hey guys. I have a question for all the custom painters out there. What brand and/or type of masking tape do you use/recommend? I have tried the blue painters tape, which is good because it's not so "sticky" that it lifts paint under it, but it doesn’t seal very well either. So the paint...
  2. kevnbety

Comment by 'kevnbety' in media 'Hot metal charge at Erie Steel'

I've seen this photo before. As hard as it is to believe, it IS just a model! Awsome work, Slug.
  3. kevnbety

Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Wow! Nice kjd!
  4. kevnbety

Comment by 'kevnbety' in media 'Old and new DRGW motors'

What they said!
  5. Modern weathered locos.

Modern weathered locos.

These locomotives were my first two weathering attempts ever. They were both done simply using an airbrush. The Ex-Conrail unit was also faded and "patched" to a Norfolk Southern unit.
  6. kevnbety

Mellow Mike's Latest - TTX Bulkhead

WOW! I will be the first to admit that the freight car is an awesome piece of work, but come on! I have some ocean-front property here in Tennessee that I would like to show the people that are willing to pay $380 (which is what the bid was at when I looked at it) for this thing! Amazing!
  7. kevnbety

Union Pacific SD70M Renumbering

Before some of the former SP units were repainted into the "Flag" scheme, there were only 3 non-flared 70Ms with that paint job. Numbers 4526, 4527, and 4528. These units were the "test bed" for the scheme. From what I've been told, the flag on these 3 units is slightly different than the one...
  8. NS 8328

NS 8328

This is the finished product of my latest project. An Atlas Dash 8 factory painted for Conrail. I added decals to "patch" it to a NS road number, replaced the pilot details with Details West parts, and then weathered the model (including the famous fading Conrail blue paint).
  9. kevnbety

Weekend Photo Phun 01/12 - 01/14

Looks great CP9302! Here's my latest project. Weathering, detailing an "patching" an Atlas Conrail C40-8W to a NS road number. So far I've weathered the grills, "faded" the blue paint (which is very common for these units), replaced most of the pilot details with DW parts, and added the number...
  10. kevnbety

My "Leaser" project

True. It really does need dirtyed-up a bit, but that is for another day... :rolleyes:
  11. kevnbety

My "Leaser" project

Hey guys. It is finally done! Here are a couple of "finished" shots.
  12. kevnbety

Comment by 'kevnbety' in media 'Platte Canyon Christmas'

Great pic, GM. The snow scene is awsome!
  13. kevnbety

My "Leaser" project

Hi Matt. No, i didn't look for a prototype with that number. I just used it anyway. It's good enough for me. ;)
  14. kevnbety

My "Leaser" project

My latest project is turning my P2K UP SD50 into a NREX leaser. UP had dumped most of it's SD50 fleet to the lease market, so I thought "why not model one"! Here is a pic of the progress so far. I am using Microscale decals to do the transformation.
  15. The Warbonnet lives!

The Warbonnet lives!

This is an Athearn RTR Dash 9 that I detailed up for Chris in California.
  16. Who's railroad is this anyway?

Who's railroad is this anyway?

Nice shot of my newest power - an Atlas Conrail Dash 8. Sorry CR fans, but this unit will soon sport the dreaded NS patch. (The BNSF unit in the background belongs to Chris in California. He sent it to me to do some detailing work to it.)
  17. Blasting out into daylight.

Blasting out into daylight.

This UP train lead by SD60M 2469 comes screaming out of the tunnel on my layout into the "light of day".
  18. kevnbety

? about correct detail parts for Conrail Dash 8

Thanks guys. After more research, it seems the 155 would be the best bet for the plow.
  19. kevnbety

? about correct detail parts for Conrail Dash 8

My wife "let" me buy an Atlas C40-8W in Conrail paint yesterday. It's pretty swwet. I have a couple of questions about detailing it up. The Atlas plow is totally wrong for the Conrail units. I have been looking, and Details West makes a plow they say is for Conrail units. It is part number...
  20. UP 2469 heads up an auto train

UP 2469 heads up an auto train

This is a LL P2K SD60M that I have renumbered from it's original number of 6293. I also added bulbs to make the original "dummy" ditch lights work.

Back