Search results

1. Artieiii

Need help picking a HO diesel locomotive

If you are searching for B-units you won't find them in the rolling stock section. Look in the locomotive section. Many times they are sold as A+B as a set. Most B units are not powered to save money. The powered B units should be clearly marked as powered. I got a Broadway limited Union...
  2. Artieiii

1. DCC is DCC but different brands have their own pros and cons. I have an NCE Power cab and am very happy with it. Many here are Digitrax proponents. No there is not DCC 2.0 to worry about. They all do the same things just different bells and whistles.....no pun intended lOL 2. & 3. Yes B...
  3. Artieiii

Mth loco's, dcs?

I guess if you really "gotta have" an MTH loco you can buy their proprietary DCS system or live with it's DCC limitations or buy it DCC ready and stick a decoder under the hood. They are quite expensive even in DCC ready trim. -Art
  4. Artieiii

Mth loco's, dcs?

After spending upwards of $250 for an MTH engine then having to swap out it's DCS decoder for a $110 Tsunami....that stinks! -Art
  5. Artieiii

Ideas needed for start point on Loco collecting

Since you like the early diesel stuff. You might be interested in the Bachmann Union Pacific DD40AX. During the diesel power wars UP decided to try and put 2 diesel engines in one chassis. This sucker is huge! It has DCC onboard and runs $73.99 at Wholesale Trains. Here is a link. This...
  6. Artieiii

wow super cheap

Oxford, A sound unit inside the turbine is a nice addition. It will sound like no other locomotive in your fleet. I have 2 of them with sound (Lionel HO Verandas). -Art
  7. Artieiii

Wpf 12-23/12-29

Wow nice work. I see you are pretty handy with a paint brush Jeff /) /) -Art
  8. Artieiii

wow super cheap

My vote is good price as well. Go for it before they are all gone. Nice xmas present for ya. A sound decoder would be nice to add as well. -Art
  9. Artieiii

Ohhh I like that shark nose! -Art
  10. Artieiii

Mth loco's, dcs?

Ok, I am not an expert in this area but I will try to help with the info I have. If you run an MTH loco on DCS you get all of the sound options including radio chatter. The MTH loco will run on DCC but you lose some of the sound options. It is my understanding that MTH loco's with DCS will...
  11. Artieiii

How bout this chugga? DCC and sound included! -Art Here is the matching B-unit for same price $89 with DCC and sound
  12. Artieiii

Conductor in accident

I hope his name was not Sir Topham Hatt LOL -Art
  13. Artieiii

wow super cheap

All HO. -Art
  14. Artieiii

wow super cheap

Sound was full of awful static even at idle and the light's weren't working correctly on my U50. Talked to Tony's and they felt it was a defective amplifier circuit so they told me to send it back. I have not heard of this being a common problem. -Art
  15. Artieiii

wow super cheap

Mine was not functioning properly so I sent it back to Tony's trains for replacement/repair. :( -Art
  16. Artieiii

wow super cheap

Nice to see more of these.....but I got 2 of them :D -Art
  17. Artieiii

wow super cheap

Not sure if you were talking to me or not. If so here are the only pics I got No pics of it pulling...sorry -Art
  18. Artieiii

Bachmann Schnabel Car

I saw them at Wholesale trains for $112.49 -Art
  19. Artieiii

wow super cheap

I got my QSI titan for my U50 from Tony's trains. Apparently they are shipping :D -Art
  20. Artieiii

Little Secret

I saw them last weekend at a train shop. The do look nice. I would have gotten and A+B unit if they had them in UP colors but that's not available at this time. I think they were about $90 each. Seems like a good deal with Tsunami inside plus the B units are powered and have sound as well...

Back