Search results

1. W

WC&W western expansion

After several months of preparation and a month of work, I have added about 40' of additional mainline on the west end of the railroad. The first picture shows the inspection train entering the new trackage. The second picture shows the inspection train entering Alantown. The third picture...
  2. W

New Orleans Streetcars

Made a trip to New Orleans on Sat. to take the wife to the Botanical Gardens. In researching the trip, I realized the Canal St. streetcar line ran to City Park where the Botanical Gardens are. All day unlimited ride pass was $5. The red cars are modern versions of traditional cars and run...
  3. W

Rebuilding the WC&W RR

The new trainroom was finished on Thursday. I took a couple of shots to show the room. By Sat. night with the help of a couple of friends, there was 60' of benchwork set back up and most of the buildings unpacked. Need to get the track connected up and the wiring backin. Maybe I'll have...
  4. W

WC&W RR October Operating Session

It has been a while since I posted an operating session notice, so I thought I would announce it here this month since the forum has picked up some new members. The October operating session of the Waltzing Creek & Western Railroad will be held on Sat. October 13 at 7pm in Odenville, AL. The...
  5. W

Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Dial up Destruction, new pics P7/8

Birmingham History - Republic Steel Thomas Plant. Historic Pics added pg 10 Grandeman and LGM were out digging up Birmingham history today. :D Since I got invited to accompany them, I thought I'd post a teaser shot. :p I took 99 pictures today and Grandeman took many more! I think LGM took...
  6. W

WC&W RR August Operating Sessions

The WC&W RR will be hosting 2 operating sessions in August. Session 1 - Tuesday, August 8 at 7pm Session 2 - Sat. August 12 at 7pm The WC&W is a 32' x 32' N scale RR. It is located in Odenville, AL Odenville is approximately 30 miles northeast of Birmingham. Please bring a Digitrax...
  7. W

Feb. Alabama Rail Gang Meeting

The Waltzing Creek & Western RR will be hosting the next meeting of the Alabama Rail Gang (ARG). The meeting will be Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006 from 10 am to 4 pm. Hopefully we will have the first operating session on the new WC&W RR.:D Please RSVP so I can plan the operating session and more...
  8. W

Waltzing Creek & Western Railroad

Here are some pictures of my layout that is under construction. The room is 32' x 32'. The layout is in N scale. The Town of Griffithville:

Back