Search results

1. haphall

The M&NA RR rears its head yet again

Hi all. I'm back to the hobby and the forum. It's been about a year. I've rethought my layout, space requirements and even the era (although moving from 1907 to 1913 isn't a big stretch). Cabledawg was helping with my earlier plans which were simply more railroad than I had space. I'm still...
  2. haphall

Hello

Welcome SD. I'm guessing by your layout size that you model in HO or N scale. We LOVE pictures around here. BTW, the link you posted says your video has been taken down... by you.
  3. haphall

What's on your layout..

The 'plan' calls for modeling the Ozarks (from Eureka Springs to just past Leslie) circa 1907. I'm staying as accurate to the prototype as I can, with room to add details as I see fit. The lack of many details historically requires that I use some imagination here and there, businesses, rolling...
  4. haphall

Historic Payroll Car

Another great shot Grande. The snow is the perfect backdrop. It makes that old timer look as lonely as it is. The side door is unique. Were employees actually paid from the car? Do you know any other history about her? I tend to think 1907 was still mostly all wood construction but that car...
  5. haphall

Flashback! Ensley Southern RR Tunnel circa 1908

Great photos Grande. Not just cool subjects, but well framed and well lit. Great color throughout as well. I model 1907 (Missouri & North Arkansas RR) and can appreciate coming across photos and maps that are relevant to the prototype. I find the historic research to be as enjoyable as model...
  6. haphall

cats and model trains

Joey the garden cat is a regular on Arkansas television. His is the most popular Facebook page out of the entire news crew. Gotta love Joey.
  7. haphall

Keystone Loco Bandsaw Mill

I've wanted that kit for years. Expensive but beautiful. Yours is looking great. Thanks for sharing. Keep 'em coming.
  8. haphall

Weekly Photo fun 4/29 to 5/5

Nice corn field. I've been thinking of trying a pumpkin patch but the pumpkins from Busch or Noch are too expensive. Need to figure a workaround for pumpkins.
  9. haphall

Old Timey Layout Video

Nice layout and a nice video. Amazing how a few figures can set an era visually before the consist is even seen. Who made those passenger cars? Nice.
  10. haphall

Another NOOB here

Welcome Mike and Robin. You sure have some beautiful country out there in Las Cruces.
  11. haphall

n scale newbe

Unka, we've all been exactly where you are now, some last week, some 50+ years ago. Like RW&C said, there's an abundance of info collected in this site's posts. If you don't find what you're looking for, just ask. This is a helpful crew. Hap
  12. haphall

Looking for graffiti ideas?

I've always liked it-in the states and in Europe. The argument will continue I'm sure. One man's trash... and all that. Some folks still think Andy Warhol just painted soup cans.
  13. haphall

I must be Desperate!

But that raises the question...can anyone recommend an affordable, relatively quiet compressor specifically for air brushing? I already picked up a Paasche and Badger spray gun on ebay, but they're useless without a decent compressor.
  14. haphall

F-1's Through F-7's

Just an FYI on this topic: The old DreamPlanBuild video series from Model Railroader had a 'supplemental' volume all about the F units. More info than you might want. Cool video too. They come up on ebay occassionally. Running Bear's list has all the important data though.
  15. haphall

Ooops Forgot to say hi

Welcome aboard Tyler. Lots of knowledgeable folks here... and great layout pics, and how-tos, and laughs.
  16. haphall

tooters scooters...

I love that red ore car. Is that scratchbuilt or a Euro kit?
  17. haphall

Brewery

I just started those same two buildings this last weekend. I was thinking of posting the build, but who wants to know how to build a styrene kit? I'll be using them on a 2x4 module I've just committed to so I'll only have room for a couple of spur tracks. Maybe a small furniture company and a...
  18. haphall

Hello

Your repair shop and ash pit are very nice. I'd love yo see some details of your 'downtown.' Interiors? Can't wait to see those too. Glad to have you aboard.
  19. haphall

Weekly Photo Fun 2/26 -3/04

I can't believe the interior detail on that engine house. Beautiful.
  20. haphall

Turtle Field Layout

A beautiful layout through and through. I particularly like the detail on your benchwork. The understated scenery and quality built structures are also very impressive. So much still to learn...

Back