Search results

1. Sweet-Chuck

Opinions-best methods for forested area

What method have you found works best to model areas with lots of trees, without using individual trees ?
  2. Sweet-Chuck

Where is everone?

Is it just me, or has activity on this forum greatly reduced over the last year or so? When I fist joined in 2014 ish, I felt like I could log in every day and there were just so many new posts, updates, pictures, etc. Now, there appears to be such limited activity :( I know that this time of...
  3. Sweet-Chuck

Terminal Soldering Question

Hi. Someone generously soldered a bunch of terminals to wires for me. My question is....even though the entire wire end isnt 'tinned', are these okay to use for DCC? I'm not worried too much about the quality of signal being passed to the track, but rather a safety issue ? Thanks!
  4. Sweet-Chuck

Bridge Inspiration

If any of you would mind sharing photos of your bridges and/or overpass areas I'd appreciate it. Needing some ideas and inspiration as I'm not sure how / where to incorporate a bridge or two onto the BC and F Railway. Thanks, SC
  5. Sweet-Chuck

Anyone just LOVE to design track plans?

So, after about 3 years away, I have the time (and space) to tackle a layout. I've attached the benchwork area that I have to work with. I will be modeling DCC HO. If you like to tinker with track designs, I am definitely open to ideas as it is the part that I struggle with the most! I have...
  6. Sweet-Chuck

Working Roundhouse

Here are some photos of a working roundhouse, and a few from UNDER a steam locomotive. These were taken at Greenfield Village Michigan. Tomorrow we are going to The Henry Ford Museum, where I am sure there will be more photos taken. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
  7. Sweet-Chuck

The BC and F Railway

EDIT Oct 27, 2018:The layout begins on page 3.
  8. Sweet-Chuck

What is going on with this DCC loco?

Alright...I have a BLI Paragon 2 loco(dcc) that decided it doesn't like me anymore. A couple of weeks ago it ran the tracks just fine. Then, a few days later it ran good, but stopped and started in a few spots. A day or two after that it ran, the stopped altogether but after a gentle push or...
  9. Sweet-Chuck

Switch Mess

Hi everyone. I recently tore down my layout as I found it a bit bland. This time around I am trying to incorporate switches!!!! (yikes) If anyone can direct me into wiring this I would be quite grateful. I was thinking some colored lines for the power, and then marking where it should be...
  10. Sweet-Chuck

Bachman J Class

Hi all. My dad has a Bachman J class that needs some tlc internally. Any experience out there with this unit? The challenge is apparently removing the shell. Thanks, Chuck
  11. Sweet-Chuck

Wpf: 11-20 / 11-27

I guess I will start this weeks WPF: I really had intentions to take a few photos of the building that is now 'Photography' prior to its renovation. I had purchased it at a train show last spring and got around to its renovation later in the summer. At the same show I found some HO cardboard...
  12. Sweet-Chuck

Quick Backdrop

Here's a quick backgound i threw together today using a long box that scooters were shipped in. (Santa must have left that box here by accident) Anyway...I'm pleased with how something so simple and 'quick' really pulls things together!
  13. Sweet-Chuck

What Company is This???

Okay, so several months ago I saw diesels with this paint scheme that I did not recognize. As the yard is near I-480 and I-71 in Cleveland area there is no way to really stop and look at what they might be... Last week I drove past the same place in the morning, saw the locos, so had my...
  14. Sweet-Chuck

4 x 10 Inquiry, HO

Well, the good news is we will be moving. The 'bad' news is my current large L shaped layout in the basement is going to be reduced to about 4 x 10. I know there are tons of images and such online for layouts in this size range, but would like to ask if any of ya'll would share...
  15. Sweet-Chuck

Mountain Pass

Well, here are a few pics of at my first attempt at not only modeling some rough mountain terrain, but also at using paper mache/rigid wrap. I've got some other items to add but here's where I'm currently at.:)
  16. Sweet-Chuck

Is this a decoder installed?

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but wanted to make sure. Is the photo of a decoder installed in this loco?
  17. Sweet-Chuck

HO Scale Layout Suggestions

Okay, so if any of ya'll would be willing to offer suggestions....our layout seems a bit boring to me. Aside from not having many structures in place, I'm trying to get the track plan good so I can begin the transition to dcc. I do plan on doing more with terrain, but it still seems a...
  18. Sweet-Chuck

Minimum Curve Radius for 6 axle loco

Hi. What is the minimum (or suggested minimum) radius for a 6 axle locomotive.(HO) I have two areas that have 22" curves, and I'm sure these are fine. I am more concerned with the majority of my curves which are 18" Thanks-
  19. Sweet-Chuck

Bachman DCC EZ Command?

Good morning all, and Happy New Year! I've got some Christmas money to spend and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the Bachman EZ Command System. I know that is no where near what NCE and Digitrax are.....however, money is tight right now!:mad: Aside from the obvious real life...
  20. Sweet-Chuck

Engines run differently

Question for you all: I have a few different locos, Athearn blue box, life like, Bachman, and an unknown. They all run differently on the same track, same power pack. When turned "all the way up", the Life Like will literally go so fast that it will nearly go all the way off the track on...

Back