Search results

1. E

Hobby Shop owner rub you the wrong way

I haven't found a good hobby shop yet that's in the Connecticut area and can treat their customers well with fair pricing. Thought I found one in a small shop in central CT, but they ended up being extremely rude when I expressed my disappointment with their failure to take good notes and follow...
  2. E

Under table turnout issue

all awesome ideas...but today I bit the bullet and bought Tortoise machines. $160 well spent! Thanks for all of the suggestions. If anyone wants some Atlas under tables at a cheap price, PM me.
  3. E

Under table turnout issue

I probably should have considered this before I planned my benchwork, but now I'm stuck. I purchased a bunch of Atlas under table machines, and would like to stick with them. However, my benchwork is too thick. It's 1/2" plywood with a 1" foam board glued to the top. Add the thickness of roadbed...
  4. E

GP38-2 CV settings

Looking for anyone who has recommendations for CV settings to get the most out of my Tsunami AT-1000 decoder. I have set the correct horn and slowed the bell down, but what else should I change?
  5. E

Atlas GP38 decoder: What I SHOULDA done the first time

I just completed my first install of a sound decoder in my NECR GP-38. I used a Soundtraxx AT-1000 and a Soundtraxx 810112 speaker. I trimmed the rear weight down by removing the "housing" for the rear light, making the top flat. This gave me enough clearance to install the speaker against the...
  6. E

Updating Atlas NECR units

Just sent ELS an email requesting a sheet of those decals. No wonder why I can't find any more Atlas NECR units..you have a monopoly on them!!! Kidding..be sure to post up pics when you get them updated. Have you, or do you plan on adding ditch lights to the GP's? And where are your...
  7. E

What do you have for GP38's?
  8. E

What do you think? They look good from here, but obviously, you're a lot closer to them. =)
  9. E

Picked up two Tsunami decoders and my GP-38's sound awesome. Decals are next. Keep me posted on your progress with ELS.
  10. E

and that's where it ended?
  11. E

it seems odd to me that a company would spend time producing decals that have never appeared on a NECR loco, yet don't have the accurate decals. In the meantime, I ordered the Tsunami decoder today, and purchased a Soundtraxx 810112 speaker. It's looking like I've got some work to do to get...
  12. E

Thanks for the input! Mark, keep me posted on your progress with the custom decals.
  13. E

I have two Atlas New England Central units, numbered 9537 and 9528. Since they were produced, NECR changed their numbers to 3855 and 3848. I'd like to change the number boards and the NECR and numbers on the cab sides to match the font used on these two locos. Any suggestions as to where I can...

Back