Search results

1. OCMRRC Jeff

Q on retarding acrylic paints when airbrushing

I have heard that you can add something to the paint/thinner mix to slow down the drying of the paint as you airbrush, and that would help give you some more time when you are finished painting to start cleaning. Is there anything to that?
  2. OCMRRC Jeff

New rolling roof roundhouse

I was inside the Lehigh Valley roundhouse today, there were 3 2-8-0's there. The crew was trying to figure out what was wrong with the closest Consolidation while the rest of the crew was having a checker match. This is a new roundhouse with a rolling roof to allow the crew to work with...
  3. OCMRRC Jeff

Home layout at risk and a solution

No bell but we put 2 Federal Q (Pre OSHA) sirens on it, with them both going it is the loudest thing in the parade! Pump works in fact everything does. I or any passengers control the siren, the wife rides on the back in the parades. In fact if she fell off I would never know it.
  4. OCMRRC Jeff

No she pays for the gas and maintenance, it has two batteries and a huge alternator.
  5. OCMRRC Jeff

OK here are a couple pictures of what is left of the layout. I lost the extension so I can't do continuous running, but switching is my favorite unless I want to sit with a cup of coffee. Also I lost the time saver area, although I still have it as it is portable and could be set up and taken...
  6. OCMRRC Jeff

Well she can't drive a stick so I get/have to drive it all the time. The downside? It gets 5 mpg!
  7. OCMRRC Jeff

Home will be switching since I belong to the Old Colony Model Railroad Club www.ocmrrc.org and can run the mainline there, takes close to 20 minutes for a complete loop
  8. OCMRRC Jeff

I know how to get them, I will leave them the ammunition but not the guns!
  9. OCMRRC Jeff

I have 3 boys and they are already lining up for everything except the trains. So if I were to downsize and get rid of stuff that no one wanted it would have to be the trains...
  10. OCMRRC Jeff

Nope, she has the garage also for her antique firetruck, a 1981 Chevy 1 ton brush truck. I do get a shelf there at the back for my coleman lantern collection! She has most of the house for her craft stuff, I get my den for my computers and camera collection and the gun room for my gun collection...
  11. OCMRRC Jeff

The wife came to me the other day saying she wants my side of the basement where I have a 10x16 O shaped layout, a shelf layout with 75 switches. After a week of grumping around Mike, my neighbor, stopped by and suggested that I offer to take down 2 sides of the layout as that would leave me...
  12. OCMRRC Jeff

Quick overview of Pennsy Middle Division

There were several kids there while I was there touching this and touching that, including pushing buttons on the NCE controllers. Also at least one was crying all the time. They had a lot of help from the crew so I just ignored it. I would like to have filmed more of the layout but with the...
  13. OCMRRC Jeff

Quick overview of Pennsy Middle Division

I was only able to make one layout on the layout tour today, sick as a dog. Decided to go to the Pennsy Middle Division. I have heard of it and had seen it in Model Railroader but had never seen it in person. It is really impressive, my video doesn't do it justice...
  14. OCMRRC Jeff

Old Colony Model RR - tour of the entire layout - running the mainline

Yes there are really nice shots of the super detailed areas on the website. They were done by Scott Wilkins a real master of super detail!
  15. OCMRRC Jeff

No catenary, The mainline is from New Haven to Providence but we have a branchline which is from Providence to New Haven Via Willimantic in the day it was known as the "Airline" there is a video up on switching that. the website is at www.ocmrrc.org and has lots of pictures of it.
  16. OCMRRC Jeff

Old Colony Model RR - Switching Willimantic

Here we are swapping out one tank for another but we have to move and then respot a freight car at the boiler factory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4FNP-_2AnE
  17. OCMRRC Jeff

Here is the full mainline, from New Haven to Providence and back. don't forget to check out the club website at www.ocmrrc.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEf_p3L-8cY
  18. OCMRRC Jeff

Old Colony Model RR - switching New London

In this video we highlight the great work done by Scott Wilkins in the New London section of the OCMRR club layout. All the building are scratch built or highly modified and weathered to perfection. Pay attention to his effective use of people and vehicles. I will be posting a complete run...
  19. OCMRRC Jeff

Virtual tour of the Lehigh Valley MRR

Yup win movie maker, I personally use Photoshop Premier Elements, I am used to the program and it is aimed at the novice, but can still do quite a lot.
  20. OCMRRC Jeff

Virtual tour of the Lehigh Valley MRR

I used Photoshop Premier 10 to edit and AVI to save the movie. I need to play around with different formats to see if one is better than the other. Some of the stutter is dirty wheels and track, haven't been cleaned in about 6 months, the other stutter, I think, is that fact that the camera...

Back