Search results

1. S

FastTracks question

I am about to start on a layout. Have had past experience handlaying track. I would also like to build my own turnouts. The space will be approximately 16' X 12' in HO and I will be running a double mainline with passenger consists pulled by 4-6-2 and 4-6-4 steamers, E7s, DL109's and FP7's...
  2. S

Code 70

Any of you use code 70 rail for HO mainline?
  3. S

Foam danger

About a month ago I broke out the airbrush equipment. One item I bought back in 1983, and hadn't used yet, was a Binks Raven dual action. It came in a walnut box with it, and all the accessories, nestled in fitted green foam. The foam had deteriorated and bonded to most all it was in...
  4. S

Can't get any better...

FedX left a custom painted brass Milw Road 4-6-4 right after USPS lady left a custom painted brass Milw 4-6-2 and Proto1000 Milw "C" liner A unit and powered B unit. Ebay trifecta! Now I have to get a layout started.:):):)
  5. S

Sure going to miss it...

...now that I'm getting back into HO, after almost 30 years away, I find that the magazine "Mainline Modeler" went out of production about 5 years ago. I have about 6 issues left, from the mid '80s, and marvel at the wealth of data and modeling techniques in them. Drawings to scale, Loco...
  6. S

"old" Floquil revival...

...got about 100 bottles of the old original Floquil I stashed away almost 30 years ago. I realize that the original Diosol thinner is no longer available but would try to revive and use the paint. Any tips on solvent/thinner to put it buck into commission. The pigments have separated from...
  7. S

finally figured it out...

...for almost 30 years now I've been collecting HO stuff. It all started when my wife bought me a dremel tool for my birthday back in '82. There was a hobby shop in walking distance that had some of the old rolling stock kits (Ambroid, Central Valley, etc.) and I started building some. Work...
  8. S

Phoooooey!!!

Just noticed Champ decals (Champion Decal Co.) went out of business last year. This affects me directly as, to my limited knowledge, they were the only decal mfg. to offer Milwaukee Road steam loco decals. There are plenty of sources for Milw heralds with "The Milwaukee Road" on them. Trouble...
  9. S

Need C, M, St Paul & Pacific Herald in HO

I have an IFC 2-8-2 and need the red and white herald decal set for the tender. It needs to be the old style with Chicago, Milwaukee, St Paul and Pacific in the red and white scheme. Been searching all the usual sources with Google but so far no luck. If it's no longer to be found I guess I...
  10. S

Free to a good home...

...prior to putting the hobby on hiatus some 15 years ago I was attracted to Western Pacific. No particular reason as my main interest is Milwaukee Road. Now that I've retired, and renewed interest in the hobby, I'm cleaning house. I seem to have several Microscale, as well as some Champ...
  11. S

Decal disappointment

Quite a few years ago I bought an SD40-2 and Bicentennial decal set for Milwaukee #156. I never got around to painting and decaling and put the hobby on hold. Now that I'm getting back into it I searched for the decal set. Not finding it I ordered the Microscale set for it. Arrived today...
  12. S

New to the forum

Hi, Just joined as I'm getting back into HO. I grew up, in the late 40's and early 50's, about 100 yards from the Milwaukee Road depot in Minocqua, WI so saw the steam to diesel transition first hand. Now that I've retired, and we have our last house, I plan to develop a suitable...

Back