Search results

1. C

Hi Folks, from the Sharpnack LTD

Hi everyone, My name is Charlie and I have a model railroad I call "The Sharpnack Limited". Its set in the (made-up) western PA town of Sharpnack, with a touch of Harper's Ferry scenery mixed in, focusing on an evening scene with lots of lights and twilight sky effects. I run O gauge, On30...
  2. C

DCC - Do I need two auto-reversers or only one?

See attached. In this DCC layout, I think I have the location of the insulation joiners correct (correct me if i am wrong) but Im not sure 1) if i have autoreverser in right spot and 2) if I need 2. Thoughts please! Thanks! Charlie
  3. C

HO Bachmann 2-8-0 Question: Explorer vs. Ala carte

Hi, Quick and probably easy question, but I cant seem to get the info online. Does anyone know if the 2-8-0 that comes in the Explorer set: http://www.amazon.com/Bachmann-Spectrum-Explorer-Scale-Santa/dp/B000BKVQ4S is the same 2-8-0 that can be purchased ala carte...
  4. C

Strasburg vs. Real Short Lines

HI everyone Question - I am a beleiver in modeling "what you know." I happen to know a lot about the Strasburg Railroad, a heritage short-line railroad in Lancaster County (many of you I am sure know it). I have been there like 100 times. My question is this. The Strasburg as it...
  5. C

Forced Persepective - N and HO

Hi I am still planning my layout and I am wondering about something: I happen to like both HO and N scales for different reasons. I am thinking of combining the two in a "forced perspective" arrangement where I have the N as the "far off" the HO as the foreground. My strategy right now...
  6. C

Scenic Ridge Conversion to a Clinchfield Model

Hi everyone. I started a thread on my new HO layout in this same section but I am also thinking about future projects. I was inspired by Gordon Odegard's N scale Clinchfield layout from 1978 and would love to model this fascinating railroad in N guage someday. To my eye, I already have a N...
  7. C

My first original layout, feedback please!

Hello all, and Greetings! Im new to this forum but I have already seen a tremendous store of knowledge here. I would love people's feedback on the attached draft layout. I have just finished my first layout last year (N scale Scenic Ridge by Woodland Scenics / Atlas) and am now trying my...
  8. C

0-6-0 Mantua Classics Yard Goat - running choppy

Greetings, this is my first of hopefully many posts here. While not exactly new to the hobby, I am newly committed to "modeling" these trains which means I need to get back into adjusting, soldering, fixing, opening and looking at, etc. Too long I have purchased sets and relied on others...

Back