Search results

1. mikeknuckey

First layout, H0 short line in small space 12x6

Hi! Im working on my first layout. Afther a lot of dreaming... now Im planing a short line layout. The space I have is a 12 x 6 ft room with no door. I would like to ask for your opinions about the projected layout (what problems could I have with it or how to improve it). I will make it with...
  2. mikeknuckey

Weatherings for a Diorama

Hi! I’ve been working on a old F unit and a track side shanty from Atlas for a Diorama that may... some day; it will be part of my (future) Layout. I work with Tamiya Acrylics and AK Interactive products. For the shanty roof I've printed a tool to corrugate aluminium, downloadable from...
  3. mikeknuckey

Gold medallist with my humble train

Hello friends, last weekend we celebrate the Latín Militaire 2018 scale model contest in Santiago de Chile. Its the most important latinamerican model contest (at least, organisation said that). And I’ve participated with one of my weathered trains. Surprisingly I won the gold medall in my...
  4. mikeknuckey

Testing new weathering tools (At least for me)

Hello friends, Ive recived some "Tamiya Panel line accent" paints on my store. So I decided to try them on some of my H0 cars. Its a fine tool for all kind of modellers, because you can use them alone or mixing techniques. Here are some results: First Ive use the brown color Then I use the dark...
  5. mikeknuckey

Walthers SD45 command problems

Hello Friends! I just bought a Walthers SD45 UP31, and I am testing it with a NCE Power Cab control, but I cant make the strobe light works, same for main light dimmer; only works on long hood mode. And as I understand ditch lights should flash when I sound the horn, but they dont work too. Do...
  6. mikeknuckey

Trip to NYC and Washington, november 2017. Need some tips

Hello friends, next november my wife and I, will cross half the globe and for second time we will visit USA. Last time it was for christmas 2014 and we have visited some fantastic places you had recomended to us (B&O museum on dec 30 2014). This time we'll be from 11 to 16 on NY, 16 to 22 on...
  7. mikeknuckey

First time in USA, dec on NYC, where to go???

Hi friends, next winter, my wife and I will travel to USA, we'll travel on dec 23 to spend xmas on NYC an then we have from dec 25 till jan 02 to travel (from 02 till 08 we'll stay at nyc) We want to visit Washington (museums), but I will love to visit some RR museum or something related to...
  8. mikeknuckey

Long Weekend "Worker's day" Photo Fun!!! May 1-2-3 and 4

Hi friends!!! Happy Worker's day to all. As this is a long weekend here (hope that for you too) I guess that we'll see many "homeworks" photos. I'm working on a couple of 50 ft Boxcars, and something more...
  9. mikeknuckey

Weekend Fun!!!! 28-29-30 March

Hi Friends, my first time starting this thread, lets see what we got to show!!! Well, I want to start a new project, any idea of what can I do whit this models???
  10. mikeknuckey

HELP... I need somebody...

Same as Beatles my friends, I need Help... I just Import an Athearn C44-9W Union Pacific, Looks great, but something that I want to do, is the Cab, couse it didnt come whit it. I want to add crew and interiors, so, can you help me with information (pics, links...) to see how it looks, or...
  11. mikeknuckey

Information about Kasiner Hobbies Cars

HELP!!! Information about Kasiner Hobbies Cars Hi friends: I was looking on ebay, and in the last 25 seconds I made a bid, and I win a set of four HO kasiner Hobbies aluminium cars. Can you tell me if is a good product??? its something special??? It cost me US$60 plus...
  12. mikeknuckey

First weathering project

Hi friends, afther a long time watching incredibles works here, I decide to star my first weathering. I got a new job, in a new city, whit no friends, so I got a lot of free time, and to can use in a good way all this free time (from 7pm), Ill be weathering. I star whit an...
  13. mikeknuckey

Proto2000 vs Kato vs Bachmann

Hi friends, afther a big mistake choosing an starter set of life like, I want to buy something much better now, and I would like to hear what do you think about Bachmann DCC control, and what about bachmann Locos, are good? Couse I read that Kato is really good, so I can try to buy one and...
  14. mikeknuckey

Online store... need help!!!

Hi friends, Im a new in model RR, and I live in Chile, Southamerica. And I need to buy some things as a Bachmann EZ control, and I want to buy it on line, couse is $50 cheaper than here (even whit the shipping...), so Did you know an on line store that ships worlwide??? of course something...

Back