Search results

1. C

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Im interested in how you painted the trunk, and branches to make them that realistic. Did you paint the whole trunk in a dark color, and then added the white, or was it the other way around?
  2. C

WOOOW! Awsome as always...... I haven't been visiting the site for quite a while, and with that time iv developed a certain level of skill, so its not "There's a hole in my bucket" any more, i wont be that annoying. But, i have a question, actually more an request than a question.... Goreve...
  3. C

Hallo everyone, im still trying to make the tree foliage, but iv just discovered something: The woodland scenics tree foliage is just a plain kitchen sponge, cut in very small peaces, and painted! Take a closer look at the foliage. Am i right? If i am, than i can cut it with scissors, but how...
  4. C

Wow nice trees! Yeap, me again about the foliage, i think i'm out of ideas, iv tried a lot of things, but i still cant make them as good as the ones on the forum, i'm trying to make them so you can recognize the difference between tips of trees (for example between oak and birch), but i still...
  5. C

Thanks, for the tip, i have also used fabric die, but i used it to paint a jute rope, for the grass, but the paint shop where i both it closed, and i cant find it any more. Today i tried painting my crepe Paper with a mixture of tempera colors, white (wood) glue and water, it shod paint it...
  6. C

Hallo everyone, iv tied using the varnish with tea leafs, it looks like they have hardened, ubt i still have a painting problem, i donk know how to paint them, iv also tried cutting small peaces of paper, and they look like nice leafs, but i dont know how to paint the paper completely, iv tried...
  7. C

Thanks! I just got an idea, can i use the same varnish with small sticks and roots, or some other natural material?
  8. C

Hallo everyone! Iv just visited a paint shop, and found out that they have oil varnish, it should be like enamel/oil colors, but without color or shine, so iv figured out that i can use this and the tea, that grove den told me about to make leafs. So is it a good idea? :confused: I also...
  9. C

Thanks, tomorrow il go to a paintshop, il see if they have any smaller buckets of oil paint (for fences and stuff), its like enamel paint, but it should be cheaper ;) :D . Indian ink also comes in various color. THANKS! :)
  10. C

Thanks! So can i just put a bit of enamel revell paint in a bit of oil thinner and paint them with that? Can i use Indian ink , its a lot cheaper than enamel paint/ THANKS again!:)
  11. C

Thanks for the tip grove den, thats something alike what i do, i jut cut small peces of crap paper, because the tee leafs would root, wont they? What kind of paint is deluted alkyde paint, is it oil paint, enamel, acrilic, water,..? THANKS! You people are awsome! :)
  12. C

Nice idea, im using a few, layers of filter (flowershop) fibers in different sizes to make the small branches, and then i put small peaces of crep paper , but i can paint it, so im looking for a good way to make the leafs. How did people make them before NOCH, wodland schenicks,... ? I also...
  13. C

Hy everyone! Il just be short and simple: Does anyone know a way to make good, realistic leafs, but witouth specialized products (wodlanscenix,NOCH, etc.), cheap and alternativei in 1:72 ? Thanks! :)
  14. C

Hey everybody look at this website, there you can find awesome tips: These three pages are from the same website: 1 2 3 Don worry they are 100% safe, its just easier to click a number that to copy a link, its ARMORAMA.com.
  15. C

Tanks for the help, but in my town i cant buy any professional railroad/diorama equipment, and the taxes for buying from outside of the country and the transport would cost my three times more than the product it self and i would have a lot of paperwork and problems. So i am using only...
  16. C

Okay i tried, and i don't know where to upload the picture, can someone tell someone tell me please? :o
  17. C

WOW, that's awsome ! Cloud someone tell me how to paint the leafs to make different types of trees? For example how would i make a oat tree it has very specific leafs? Alsow something new iv found a way to make bulrush and fern, il if i can upload some pictures. :)
  18. C

Thanks about the reply! :) About the picture.. I would gladly upload them, but where? Alsow do you spreed the fibers and add them separately, or you put them in a bunch? One more thing: Does anyone have an idea about an easy how to cut crap paper in small parts? I use scissors whit a...
  19. C

Hallo everyone! I was trying to make a nice tree, like you ones that were posted on this thread,for some time, and iv got some questions if i may ask: 1.What glue do you use to apply the levees to a tree? (except spray can glue, i cant find that anywhere, and it would cost a loooot) 2.I...
  20. C

Mixing colours

Thanks for the help ! :) Cloud you tell my the name of the painting book ? I didn't want to make the exact similar color , i wanted to make a color that looks like the one that is written on the box of my model (there is a list of colors i should use on every model). I am mostly making...

Back