Search results

1. OnTheRightTrack

Exactrail Discount Code

Guys I couldn't resist telling everyone about this. I signed up for Exactrail's email alerts some time ago and I got one this weekend for a 15% off promo that ends 9/30. I couldn't resist I put an order in for some box cars and the shipping is free on orders over $100! Don't miss out on this one!
  2. OnTheRightTrack

How many E9's?

I have done several searches and to no avail. How many E9's pulled the UP's City of Los Angeles passenger train? 3 or 4? How many A's or B's?
  3. OnTheRightTrack

Ready to go for the Tsunami

I have now successfully installed three hard wire decoders in my N scale fleet(first time for me). I'm now ready to try a Tsunami but was wondering where to solder the track leads? This will either be in a Kato or Atlas N scale engine and I will be using Aztek for the milled frame.
  4. OnTheRightTrack

Custom Chessie GP40-2

Here are some pics of a Custom GP40-2 that Brian Kuhn has completed for me. These are from his web site. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but I am excited to get my hands on it! http://www.briansnscale.com/chessie_gallery.htm
  5. OnTheRightTrack

What do I do when I have two engines have the same no.

O.K. this has probably been addressed before but what do I do when I have two engines with the same road number? What address should I assign?
  6. OnTheRightTrack

The Morning Daylight is back in N scale at least

I made and uploaded this on Youtube this very morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnHr-oUN0dc&feature=plcp
  7. OnTheRightTrack

What color Gold for GM50 B&O

What color gold acrylic paint should I use to paint a model of the GM50 EMD anniversary engine for the B&O/Chessie system?
  8. OnTheRightTrack

What was this car used for?

I have this little Kadee/Micotrains car that has the International Harvester logo on it and it has a build date of 11-20(compliments of Railfain). I love this little car but what in the world would this hopper have held? Why would IH need this? I was trying to decide what Haybros load to put...
  9. OnTheRightTrack

Your favorite locomotive?

This has probably been done before but I thought it would be interesting to hear what is your favorite locomotive and why. Mine would be the SD-35 ; like the size and it was the first six axle locomotive to really get the Class I's heavily interested in six axle power because of its...
  10. OnTheRightTrack

Exactrail taking dealers out of equation

According to Pete's BLW(Brooklyn locomotive Works) website Exactrail is cutting dealers out of the sales network and will only be selling from their website direct this is effective 5/2/12. I love their product and all and own quite a bit of it but if they think I'm going to pay full retail for...
  11. OnTheRightTrack

My N scale Unitrack Layout

I realized this evening that I haven't shared any pics of my modest Unitrack layout. For those of you haven't seen my earlier posts it is now DCC via NCE Power Cab and I have also converted turnouts to DCC using Digitrax DS64's. Layout is 3 1/2 ft. X 7 ft. The U25B is hauling a Scrap train...
  12. OnTheRightTrack

Need recommendation for soldering iron/gun

Hey gang I need a soldering iron for fine work making connections on tiny N scale decoders and the one I currently have is too big and clunky. Does any one have any recommendations?
  13. OnTheRightTrack

MRC Sound installed in an Atlas U23B

Hey guys I installed my first sound decoder yesterday in an Atlas U23B. Here's the video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVHZgub7H0&context=C455f919ADvjVQa1PpcFNZTBmKuIekKIw-cdxZI10dOdrPmrB1wBI= Thanks for watching!
  14. OnTheRightTrack

Connecting multiple DS64's

I have ordered two DS64's and need to hook them into my NCE Power Cab equipped with the NCE auto switch. How? I bought their power supplies so that won't be an issue but how to do I daisy chain them with only one power output from my Power Cab? Does the DS64 have an output to connect another...
  15. OnTheRightTrack

DC to DCC conversion update

Well guys my layout seems to be electrically stable and my NCE Power Cab is chugging along without issues. I want to thank everyone here for their input and ideas for helping me debug the early stages of my layout to DCC. Today I was surprised that I was able to run 5 loco's without any power...
  16. OnTheRightTrack

Noisy Atlas Motor

I just replaced the motor on an Atlas SD-35 that was just worn out and the new one runs fine. However, its NOISY! It's as loud as a "riced out" Honda Civic with one of those fart can mufflers on it. Is there anything I can do about that?
  17. OnTheRightTrack

I need local help

Guys, I need help. Who lives in the North Ft. Worth area i.e. DFW that is willing to help me out? I have given up drying to get my layout to DCC from DC and I have exhausted everything that was suggested on this forum. Still nothing.... It would be good if this person knew Kato Unitrack...
  18. OnTheRightTrack

Brooklyn Locomotive Works

Has anyone actually been to the Brooklyn Locomotive Works retail store? I'm curious as to what it is like. They appear to be "Mecca" for the N scaler. Their website never ceases to amaze me and if they shipped any faster we would all go back in time.
  19. OnTheRightTrack

A little rant about M.B. Klein

I just wanted to get this off my chest. I know they are an excellent seller and for the most part I don't have any complaints. Inventory accountability is excellent and the shipping prices are decent. Probably 75% of the time they will have THE lowest price on the item compared to other...
  20. OnTheRightTrack

Decoder Install Questions

I installed an MRC 1955 sound decoder in an N scale Atlas GP30. Sounds work fine, lights work fine, loco won't move? Side of the frame gets quite hot. This is not my first rodeo I have installed several decoders and the motor contacts are making connection with the decoder appropriately...

Back