Search results

1. OnTheRightTrack

Need some help to get the right Atlas Trucks

I would second that Microtrains all the way. However, depending on how protoypicaly concerned you are those Bettendorf trucks would be appropriate on older rolling stock that had roof walks, etc. Built in the 30's,40's and 50's. Starting in the 60's the Barber trucks would be more appropriate.
  2. OnTheRightTrack

Atlas Code 65 True Track

One of the guys over on Nscale.org used it on his layout and he seems to like it. They don't offer many pcs. therefore your radii on turns and turnouts will be limited. I believe they only offer #6 turnouts at the moment. It uses traditional style unijoiners so those will have to be replaced...
  3. OnTheRightTrack

N-scale Silver Streak Zephyr.

This has been completely different than my experience. I have dozens of both Kato and Atlas engines and about 99% of the time the Kato's are vastly superior in pulling power, voltage requirements and yes, noise. It appears you may have a lemon or two.
  4. OnTheRightTrack

Exactrail Discount Code

So has anyone been able to use it?
  5. OnTheRightTrack

Bachmann DCC equipped GP-7

That's true if your buying the Kodo Custom Shop models with the TCS decoder installed. However, I buy the Kato engines without from MBK and they are usually 59-69 bucks in DC depending on model. Then I put my own Digitrax decoder in for about 25-26 bucks which puts them much closer in my opinion.
  6. OnTheRightTrack

I couldn't agree more. For the cost you can't beat it that's why I have 3 of the new Bachmann DCC equipped engines. They are much much better than what they have had in the past. In fact they are down right competitive now in my opinion. The RS-2 is superb in detail as well you should check...
  7. OnTheRightTrack

Exactrail Discount Code

Uhhh...sorry the code is "thankyou".
  8. OnTheRightTrack

Exactrail Discount Code

Guys I couldn't resist telling everyone about this. I signed up for Exactrail's email alerts some time ago and I got one this weekend for a 15% off promo that ends 9/30. I couldn't resist I put an order in for some box cars and the shipping is free on orders over $100! Don't miss out on this one!
  9. OnTheRightTrack

I almost forgot that my only gripe with the Chessie unit is that the Chess "C" is on the wrong part of the engine. I have Jerry Doyle's excellent book about Chessie System locomotives and he states that the B&O put the Chess "C" on the long nose because that's how the B&O ran them; long nose...
  10. OnTheRightTrack

Yes, absolutely buy one or several if you can. I have two a B&O and a Chessie and they are nicer than the Atlas geeps(which I also have). Down side is that the Lenz decoder they use is VERY basic and other than programming address and starting voltage that's about it as far as programming is...
  11. OnTheRightTrack

How many E9's?

I have done several searches and to no avail. How many E9's pulled the UP's City of Los Angeles passenger train? 3 or 4? How many A's or B's?
  12. OnTheRightTrack

Ready to go for the Tsunami

No they were TCS CN-GP decoders. Pretty much all of the Soundtraxx Tsunami decoders are sound equipped.
  13. OnTheRightTrack

Ready to go for the Tsunami

I have now successfully installed three hard wire decoders in my N scale fleet(first time for me). I'm now ready to try a Tsunami but was wondering where to solder the track leads? This will either be in a Kato or Atlas N scale engine and I will be using Aztek for the milled frame.
  14. OnTheRightTrack

Custom Chessie GP40-2

Here are some pics of a Custom GP40-2 that Brian Kuhn has completed for me. These are from his web site. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but I am excited to get my hands on it! http://www.briansnscale.com/chessie_gallery.htm
  15. OnTheRightTrack

Best way to obtain N scale gear while living in a rural area?

I understand you don't like roadbed track but comparing Bachman's EZ track to Kato Unitrack is like comparing a Yugo to a Mercedes S class sedan. Unitrack is as my father would say; "slick as greased owl poo" tight, excellent, repeatable connections a high quality Japanese made product.
  16. OnTheRightTrack

What do I do when I have two engines have the same no.

O.K. this has probably been addressed before but what do I do when I have two engines with the same road number? What address should I assign?
  17. OnTheRightTrack

DC or DCC?

You can get a good starter system for about $140 and Bachmann engines w/ DCC for about $60 See the links below; http://www.blwnscale.com/NCE%20Systems.htm http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann-N-GP-7-p/bac-62453.htm
  18. OnTheRightTrack

The Morning Daylight is back in N scale at least

I made and uploaded this on Youtube this very morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnHr-oUN0dc&feature=plcp
  19. OnTheRightTrack

N scale wheelsets?

That's wonderful! I sure have though.

Back