Search results

1. G

Where you buy your track from?

I like to shop at wholesaletrains.com . They have code 100 flex for : http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=150TRACK100&ID=200806687 and code 83 for: http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?Scale=HO&Item=150TRACK83&ID=20014766 They are about 45 mins from me, so I can...
  2. G

Priority Mail Prices

I have, for a long time, even before the "trainwreck" of the postal service, said they should stop this "penny ante" they do and just increase the price of a stamp from $0.44 to $0.50 right away. What do they gain by penny-ing us to death? not much. They get caught up, them they are behind...
  3. G

my mth big boy must be on its way cause...

Are you SURE you didn't order it while in an inebriated state of drunken folly? LOLOL
  4. G

Some Very Sad, Awful News

I was bullied way back in school for many reasons. I was a small kid {easy to pick on} and it went from there. I was bullied by older kids in the neigborhood also as an easy target mainly cuz of my size. BUT punishments were stricter then. Now a days you can't discipline your kid except...
  5. G

Disgusted

I am not surprised the Bachmanns are doing so well. I am happy with mine. May they serve you long and well, even if not as detailed as an MTH! :D
  6. G

Train Set Reccomendations

That looks like a good starter set. As mentioned {and we forgot to tell you earlier} it has the gray roadbed with the NS rails. It is A DC set. But you can always upgrade to DCC with your next set IF you decide to go that route. Right now there is no Polar express in HO scale unless you...
  7. G

Train Set Reccomendations

In the 70's Bachmann was known for "el cheapo train set quality". They have worked hard to improve both product quality and warrantee and even thirdly image and even fourthly details more like real life. I have several Bachmann DCC OnBoard {separate} locos and they are great. Only one...
  8. G

Athearn's Latest Price Increases: Im out...

The dollar is now strong against the Euro as mentioned. SO the oil barons who wanted to change the cost of oil to be based on the Euro would have fallen flat on their faces! Everything is skyrocketing...including food!!! When an economy falters inflation sets in. The unfortunate thig is...
  9. G

Help W/ Bachman G - Engine wheels "locked"

Lubricant may have gelled and wheels now appear to be locked up. Try replacing that and see what happens. If you continue to have problems that can't be identified, it may be well worth it to send it back to Bachmann Service dept. If they can't fix it, they may replace it {that is if you...
  10. G

Now this is customer service!

SHe can tell you anything to calm your worries. What will REALLY make it great customer service is if she follows through two weeks from now!!!! {or will you get forgotten in the holiday madness?} :)
  11. G

Newbie needs some help

At the top of the left margin on the WAlthers' site you will find a Search line..type in what you want and it will bring up the items -in all scales! select the one you want. For instance "company house" turns up these pages and several options...
  12. G

Could someone explain a few things to me?

Welcome to the hobby and the forum. i will try to simplfy for you: 1} DCC is Digital Command Control. {DC is Direct Currrent}. DC controls the track voltage to move a loco. DCC uses a computer signal to control the individual loco. WIth DC if you have 3 locos on one electrical block, all...
  13. G

Newbie needs some help

The Walthers "Big book" is kinda like a bible to us. It comes in an "HO Scale" version and a "N&Z scale" version. Walthers can also be found here online with a search feature: http://www.walthers.com/ Also, google search engine is your friend. simply go to google and type in what you are...
  14. G

Greetings

Merry New Year and Happy Christmas to you too! Let us not forget our friends who celebrate Hanukkah, Kwanza and just Holidays in general!!! {and those who celebrate nothing except the new year!} :)
  15. G

Disgusted

Illegal or not, that is what she said. I didn't get charged the "restocking fee", they just exchanged the set for another set. The worst part is that she put the defective item back on the shelf!!! :rolleyes:
  16. G

New to Model railroading

You have gotten some answers, but I don't think they all answer your basic question.... Regular Code 83 alone also has flex track...comes in 3' lengths and flexes any way you want it. You can creat any radius of curve you want with it. You can reduce the number of connections {rail joiners of...
  17. G

Disgusted

I have read enough complaints about MTH to know I shall probably never buy one of their products. Meanwhile,I think Bachmann gets a bad rap, I think. I have 13 of their DCC OnBoard locos, 6 years old or newer, and only one growls at slow speeds. The rest all work great, even when not played...
  18. G

Athearn Delayed Again and Again

Delays are becoming more common these days. Some say it is because they wait til there is "enough interest" to produce them.Others say it is other things. But, get used to it. Another common thing is the "advanced order" or "preorder" thing. Again, they may wait til enough orders are...
  19. G

Trying to assess value of my Fathers Colection?

First, sorry to hear of your father's decline in health. You are not the first, nor will you be the last to have to dispose of a parent's collection of unknown value and know nothing about it. The problem with trying to evaluate something like that is that the items are only worth what...
  20. G

Bachmann Spectrum overpriced

Bachmann has worked long and hard to overcome their "el cheapo trainset quality {or lack thereof}". Their pectrum lines offers their best. The Bachmann MSRP, like all MSRPs, are inflated and when on the shelves or available for purchase sell for about 2/3 or half the MSRP. I could never...

Back