Search results

1. N

United brass K27-coupler install

Does anyone have any experience installing a coupler on the K27 tender? At 3mm wide I beginning to believe I need to cut/enlarge the existing hole. I'm hoping to confirm before I take the dremel to it. Thanks.
  2. N

Molten Sulfur Tanker

I have never seen one of these in the UP yard before.
  3. N

3 Stall Engine House

This is a custom/kitbash for the Sonoma Mountain RR layout. It's a Timberline 3 stall engine house kit that had to be modified to fit a specific 3 track space next to the turntable on the SMRR layout. The original square exhaust stacks were replaced with custom made round stacks. The corrugated...
  4. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

Here is the beginning of my new layout. Since leaving CA and The Sonoma Mountain Railroad, I felt it was time that I start my own layout. 6' x 9' HOn3, Code 55, DCC or DC http://www.davestrainsandtrees.com/5mile1.html
  5. N

Northwestern Pacific RR #3906

I have not contributed to the forum for quite some time. Thanks to information and techniques of everyone's forum posts, my modeling skills continue to improve. The Northwestern Pacific layout that I help with is progressing a little slower than expected due to work schedules, etc. Anyway, here...
  6. N

Streetons Mill - Northwestern Pacific Railroad

These are the first logging camp structures for the Streeton's Mill (2'x4') diorama that I have been working on. The mill was one of many located in redwood country between Occidental and Monti Rio California in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The ROW is still visible in the area but nothing...
  7. N

Awesome modelers

I ran into this website doing a Google image search for oil storage tanks. There is some awesome model railroad work on the website. I searched the forum and didn't see this website posted anywhere, so I thought I would. Sometimes the website is down but is up the next day. Kind of hit and...
  8. N

Oil tanks

I finally finished these oil storage tanks for our Northwestern Pacific layout. They are based closely on Gilbert Gribi's storage tanks featured in the 1997 Narrow Gauge Gazette. Many thanks to his contribution.
  9. N

United 2-10-2 Motor Wiring

This United 2-10-2 is from a collection I purchased. I want to sell it, but it does not run. Here is a photo of the motor. One wire goes to the drawbar and one to the headlamp. Wired directly from the power pack the motor runs. Connecting to the drawbar and the terminal that has the headlamp...
  10. N

NWP - Structure #3

I finished this Grandt Line HO warehouse kit for our Northwestern Pacific Railroad layout. It will probably end up in Duncan's Mills area of the layout. It was a fun build. Specs: Kit - Grandt Line HO Corrugated Iron Warehouse Plastic Kit HO scale. The footprint of the warehouse is 4-3/4 x...
  11. N

Northwestern Pacific Railroad Layout – NWP Shed #2

Here is a shed that is nearly finished. There are a few things that need to be touched up, but for the most part it is complete. It is one of two sheds I have built for our Northwestern Pacific RR layout. Actually it is the second structure built for the layout. My cat made off with a window...
  12. N

Identify manufacturer

I recently picked up a bunch of old cars but have no idea who the manufacturer is. A typical boxcar is constructed as follows: Thin metal body, metal roof and ends. Wood underbody. Those are the basics. I did notice that the roof walks appear to be brass, grab irons are metal. Some friends...

Back