Search results

1. N

One A Day

Highway miniature Delivery Wagon on new road. Done for now. The kit took longer to build than I expected.
  2. N

Identifying manufacturer

hoseeker.com might help
  3. N

Flatcar loads! What have you got?

I'll see your Turbine blade and raise you a donkey on a flat car. Those turbine blades are so big when you're close up. We have seen them on semi's on I-80. The flat car was my favorite rolling stock build.
  4. N

United brass K27-coupler install

Does anyone have any experience installing a coupler on the K27 tender? At 3mm wide I beginning to believe I need to cut/enlarge the existing hole. I'm hoping to confirm before I take the dremel to it. Thanks.
  5. N

Front End Friday

Shay's test run across the non-engineered trestle between Camp Meeker and Streeton's Mill on the 5 Mile RR logging spur.
  6. N

Caboose identification

You might look at HOSEEKER's website. A-C models is listed with some cabooses. https://hoseeker.net/otherhotrains8.html
  7. N

Running Bear's January 2024 Coffee Shop

Finally, after two plus years I was able to get a photo of this UP plow. It's has always buried in the middle of the Green River UP yard.
  8. N

need ideas locating a part, barn door rollers. Just the rollers.

Maybe you could use/modify door parts from a wood boxcar.
  9. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

Larry's Creek trestle construction is nearly complete. I was anxious to see how a locomotive made the slight curve between the bridge and the trestle. So I temporarily set the trestle and gave the shay the first run. The shay being so short had no problems.
  10. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

Thanks. I got all my practice on the Sonoma Mountain RR. http://www.davestrainsandtrees.com/
  11. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

Living in the redwoods will always be my favorite experience. Saw my first banana slug in Rio Nido. If someone could market that slime that they are coated with, they could make a fortune. I didn't think I would ever get that stuff off my fingers after picking up a 6 incher.
  12. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

16-22" radius curves. The shay/logging spur is the tightest with 16" radius on the two curves by Camp Meeker. I only plan to run Shays and a Heisler on that section and each worked fine on test runs. Back around Tyrone Mill where I connect the bridge/trestle/tunnel the radius is a tight 18"...
  13. N

The 5 Mile Railroad

I've been working on the "non-engineered" trestle on the fictional logging spur between Occidental and Streeton's Mill. I found this old Benson Logging Co. switchback photo and wanted something, not identical but representative of what backwoods loggers may have built to get to their locomotives...
  14. N

Water Modeling: Help Wanted

I really doubt it. And migalyto is absolutely correct. Using flame can be dangerous. Maybe a small fan directed to it might help. Otherwise contact the manufacture, they may be able to answer the drying issue.
  15. N

Water Modeling: Help Wanted

I also use Envirotex Lite. I use a small blow torch quickly over each thin pour to make the Envirotex a thinner consistency which lets any bubbles to rise, otherwise the Envirotex is too thick for the bubbles to come to the surface. Hit it a few more times with the torch to "pop" the surface...
  16. N

Big Boy Tour

The email I received from UP is the Tour dates and route information will be released in 2024.
  17. N

Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

They are Starlings. We have a flock of 50 or so that come in once in awhile and devour any feed we put out for the other birds.
  18. N

Molten Sulfur Tanker

So how do they keep it at 290 degrees in the tanker?
  19. N

Molten Sulfur Tanker

Good job on the models!

Back