Search results

1. U

Question about turnouts on track plan

I drew a track plan that was 9'-2" x 14' with #6 mainline turnouts and #5 industry and yard turnouts. The layout was a bit to big so I sized the track plan down to a 9' x 12' but I was wondering since I sized it down would that mean I would have to have different turnouts? Or can I still keep...
  2. U

New track plans, what are your ideas??

I had to find a new track plan because the one I was going to do was way to big for the space I had, so I found some ones on the model railroader website. I can't decide which one to do though, which one do you think I should do?? Track plan #1 Name: Milwaukee Road's Beer Line Scale: HO...
  3. U

My first layout!! I may need help along the way/your thoughts)

I made a little progress on building my new layout today. The photos below are of my old layout with it all scattered with stuff, then all of the stuff organized (rolling stock, track, structures, locomotives, and some misc. stuff), then the old layout starting to get taken down in order to...
  4. U

What brand makes the best turnouts?

I was just wondering what the best brand of turnouts are? Because i will be building a layout soon so I would like to replace all my old turnouts with nice, new turnouts. I also want some with realistic ground throws or something. Any thoughts?
  5. U

I finally got a track plan drawn!! What are your thoughts/suggestions??

I finally got a track plan drawn up today! Here is some details about my future layout: Prototype: Union Pacific somewhere in Colorado Scale: HO (1:87.1) Plan size (Dimensions): 9'-2" x 14' Minimum radius: 24" Era: 1940's-1950's Industries: Saw mill and lumber yard. Track: Flex Track with cork...
  6. U

I NEED HELP!! Please, I don't know what to do!!

Hello everyone! I am currently getting really frustrated because I can't find a track plan that I like :mad: . So if anyone would please help me design one or something that would be great!!!!! I've been working on finding a track plan for well over a year with no luck. I would really like to...
  7. U

How do I know the era of rolling stock?

I am planning on modeling the Transition Era (1940's-1950's) and I was wondering how do I know that the rolling stock I buy is from that era?? I know that they can be run 10-15 years after or before that era but how do I know that it was used in that era??
  8. U

Flex track or sectional track? Which is best?

I've been in the process of building a new layout and I have finally decided that I am going to get all new track because the old track is getting really old. I'm still in the layout design process, but my old track that was on my old layout (that was handed down to me by my grandfather) was a...
  9. U

My first step in a new scale!!

I went over to a friends house the other day and I remember him telling me that he has some O scale trains. So later that night we went down stairs to look for them. We ended up finding them and he said I could buy it if I wanted so I looked over the items he had which was: a Santa Fe switcher...
  10. U

Is it good to buy used rolling stock off the web?

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if it was a good idea to buy used or even new rolling stock off the web from places like Ebay?? And if so what are some tips you would recommend when buying train stuff off the internet? My local hobby store doesn't have a good selection of rolling stock and...
  11. U

Prototypical Paint Schemes and how to paint models

I made a video about prototypical paint schemes and how to use them when we paint our models. Here is the link if you would like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjv57GgiYGw Hope you enjoy!!
  12. U

My Union Pacific RR layout

I am working on building a prototype of the Union Pacific RR between the 1940's and 1950's and running thru a small coal town, I am working on laying track at the moment and getting some good progress done! Which is good because that means that i am closer to being done and running trains on it...
  13. U

Union Pacific RR in the midwest

I am currently working on modeling a small town somewhere in the midwest that is served by the Union Pacific. The era is the transition era which is 1940's and 1950's. The layout has been coming along pretty well and cant wait till its all finished and doing operations on it. Which speaking of...
  14. U

Small town served by the Union Pacific RR

I am currently working on a layout that is going to be modeled after a small town somewhere in the midwest that is served by the Union Pacific RailRoad. I dont have any pictures of it at the moment BUT i do have a video of the progress that i have made so far! So if you would like to go check it...
  15. U

Some new Track Plan ideas for the Union Pacific Rail Road

I have some ideas that i would like to do for my layout of the Union Pacific but i cant decide which one i want to do, here is a link to the video i made for the track plans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP_exqbSYkw So if you could go check that out and let me know what one i should do...
  16. U

Does anyone want to design a layout for me? I need some ideas

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a new layout and was wondering if anyone would want to design a track plan for me?? Listed below are some stuff I would like to see in the track plan/requirements. Requirements: Scale: HO Prototype: Union Pacific Era: Steam or Transition Era...
  17. U

Hello Every One! How I got into model railroading!

Hello every one! I'm UPRRfan who loves to make YouTube videos about trains and model railroading which is one of my favorite hobbies! Ive been into trains ever since i was born and been into model railroading for about the same amount of time ever since i received my first HO scale train set for...
  18. U

What are prototype tips for a Union Pacific Rail Road layout??

I am modeling the union pacific rail road (new to the union pacific road name) and i was just wondering what are some tips for modeling the union pacific so it is prototypical?? It would be very helpful!
  19. U

What are some good tips for building a layout for realistic operation???

Hello every one, I am currently redoing my layout and are looking for track plans that would be good for realistic operation. So if any one has any tips or suggestions for track plans and tips for realistic operation it would be great!! Thank you!
  20. U

General info on Model Railroading

When I was first starting out in the hobby I found it hard to find good videos on model railroading tips and tricks along with general info. but when i began some what good at the hobby i decided to make a youtube channel so everyone would be able to go and view videos on tips and other stuff...

Back